seasickness!

telesaps

I'm not ppam, but we bought our ginger pills at a Fred Meyer, if you have those where you're at. They were in the section with the other natural remedies, vitamins, etc. I would imagine that any of the other larger drug store type chains would also carry them.

I don't have my bottle of them at the moment -- loaned them to a neighbor who went cruising first of July, and don't have them back yet. I'm pretty sure the label was just ginger pills, or ginger capsules or something of the sort. The instructions indicate that they are to be used for stomach problems (imagine that!). We actually bought ours in Bellingham, Washington on our drive from Seattle to Vancouver.

If you have a large style grocery store with a health food section, you might even check there. I would guess any of the K-Mart, Wal-mart type places would also have them, and probably Walgreens or Rite-aids.

Thanks, UF. I'm going shopping this weekend and will look for them. I've been very susceptible to seasickness in the past (there was this submarine trip out of Bermuda....) so I'm going to AK fully prepared. My dh is kind of laughing at me, but I'd rather be ridiculed than sorry.

M/R

Just a note - I bought the sea bands at Rite Aid. Today I drove my two sons (one of them always gets carsick) for 2 1/2 hours to a camp in Santa Barbara. The son that gets sick wore the bands and had no problem!

My MIL just got back from Alaska and we were sure she would be violently ill from the motion. She gets sick as a passenger in the car from backing out of the driveway. She tried the patch and said it made her feel so bad that she went with bonine and ginger (she swears by ginger all the time for everything that ails ya) and she was fine.

When the ship's doctor treats seasickness, I believe he gives out Reglan. This is a prescription and I took it to treat MS while pregnant. I am going to see my doctor before I go and get a prescription for this "just in case". I'm also going to try bonine as mentioned here and maybe have the patches on hand in case they are needed. Never hurts to be cautious!

Best of luck!

This weekend I stopped in the GNC in our local mall and bought the ginger pills. My dh asked why I was getting those. I reminded him that I was going fully loaded with seasickness remedies. He scoffed at the efficacy of ginger pills. I graciously told him that I would be glad to share when/if he got sick. The clerk was cracking up.

Besides getting s/s remedies, I'll also be stocking up on mosquito repellents. (I have a rare sensitivity to mosquito bites as well as being a mosquito's meal of choice.) I'll be carrying enough meds/remedies I'm probably going to cause an all-out alert at customs!

M/R

Archived