Playa Mia Beach Break - Cozumel, Mexico - Anyone Been???

StlGal

Hi ~ We are thinking about taking the "Deluxe Beach Break" excursion at Playa Mia Beach Park.

Has anyone ever taken this excursion? Or been to Play Mia Beach Park? Was it worth the money?

The excursion description says there is a pool. Wondering if the pool has a swim up bar?

Also, has anyone ever heard of or been to "Nochi Cococom" in Cozumel?

thanks,

We liked Playa Mia a lot. We took a cab on our own. They have 3 price levels, sorry don't remember $$ but they are all drinks and food & snorkle gear, etc; all drinks; or just park entry. There are shops, the pool is a plain pool nothing fancy. Going on your own you can choose what level of service you want to pay for and the cab back can drop you off in town to shop rather than going back to the ship.

I found their website with $$ info http://www.playamia.com

Have fun!

Karin

We did RCCL's Deluxe Beach Break excursion last month in Cozumel. Ours was $62 for adults and $54 for children, which was the all-inclusive price.

We rode in a very big, comfortable, air-conditioned bus to Playa Mia. It was a ten or 15-minute drive. The beach was crowded, but we were able to find four "lounges" together. Drinks were plentiful and strong. You can get them yourself at one of the bars or get them from the waiters walking the beach.

Umbrella rentals were free by letting them hold your seapass. They didn't even charge us the deposit. When you returned the umbrellas, you got your seapass back.

The buffet was okay. There wasn't much of a selection. From what I remember, they had salad, spaghetti, black beans, tortilla chips, rolls, cookies. I know there was more, but not much more. The buffet was not crowded at all. I saw the beach waiters delivering burgers and hot dogs to people. I think we would have to have paid for them if we had wanted them.

We had so much fun on the kayaks and paddle boats. These were included in the cost as well and, from what we experienced, there was no time limit for using them. You just returned them when you were done using them. They also have a trampoline and an iceberg in the water, like the ones at Labadee, but they one have one of each. There was pingpong too.

We didn't use the pool. As I recall, it was nothing fancy. There a couple shops you can walk through. It appears as though they're building many more.

This was a nice, relaxing day, which is what we wanted as it was our last port stop.

In December 2006 (Navigator), we went to Playa Mia on our own, just renting a cab and paying at the entrance. I believe the RCCL excursion prices were cheaper than the prices at the entrance, believe it or not.

The beach was beautiful, and the service was very good. Lots to do to occupy your time. I would recommend it.

We did RCCL's Deluxe Beach Break excursion last month in Cozumel. Ours was $62 for adults and $54 for children, which was the all-inclusive price.

We rode in a very big, comfortable, air-conditioned bus to Playa Mia. It was a ten or 15-minute drive. The beach was crowded, but we were able to find four "lounges" together. Drinks were plentiful and strong. You can get them yourself at one of the bars or get them from the waiters walking the beach.

Umbrella rentals were free by letting them hold your seapass. They didn't even charge us the deposit. When you returned the umbrellas, you got your seapass back.

The buffet was okay. There wasn't much of a selection. From what I remember, they had salad, spaghetti, black beans, tortilla chips, rolls, cookies. I know there was more, but not much more. The buffet was not crowded at all. I saw the beach waiters delivering burgers and hot dogs to people. I think we would have to have paid for them if we had wanted them.

We had so much fun on the kayaks and paddle boats. These were included in the cost as well and, from what we experienced, there was no time limit for using them. You just returned them when you were done using them. They also have a trampoline and an iceberg in the water, like the ones at Labadee, but they one have one of each. There was pingpong too.

We didn't use the pool. As I recall, it was nothing fancy. There a couple shops you can walk through. It appears as though they're building many more.

This was a nice, relaxing day, which is what we wanted as it was our last port stop.

We were there last June (on Freedom of the Seas) and we enjoyed it very much. However, I remember the buffet quite differently. There were plenty of selections of food in addition to what is listed above. I remember there being fajitas, tacos, chicken, quesadillas, taquitos, fresh fruit (watermelon, etc), jello, and I'm sure more, I just don't remember it all now. I just remember being impressed with the variety of food.

They also have massage tables set up and you can get a good massage for half the price as on the ship.

The booze was plentiful and free. Unfortunately, my daughter and I had had enough booze the night before, so we weren't in the drinking mood that day....LOL We did, however, get our money's worth in bottled water!...LOL

We did this last November and enjoyed it. We payed the prices through RCCL and found them very reasonable. Everyone in our party drank their moneys worth. They also had a pinata for the kids, and water balloon toss and musical chair games for the adults. Sounds hokey, but we actually had a lot of fun. We all agreed we would do it again.

We were there last June (on Freedom of the Seas) and we enjoyed it very much. However, I remember the buffet quite differently. There were plenty of selections of food in addition to what is listed above. I remember there being fajitas, tacos, chicken, quesadillas, taquitos, fresh fruit (watermelon, etc), jello, and I'm sure more, I just don't remember it all now. I just remember being impressed with the variety of food.

They also have massage tables set up and you can get a good massage for half the price as on the ship.

The booze was plentiful and free. Unfortunately, my daughter and I had had enough booze the night before, so we weren't in the drinking mood that day....LOL We did, however, get our money's worth in bottled water!...LOL

I wonder if there was a different buffet that we could have gone to. The buffet area that we went to was HUGE, meaning there were so many tables for people to sit at. It was set up on two sides, with a bar behind each buffet. It was near restrooms. It was also where a cooking demonstration was going on. It was by the pool.

Our only complaint was the food. We even commented that the only Mexican things on the buffet were the black beans and tortillas. You have reminded me that there was chicken. It was round breaded chicken tenders. I'm sure there was fruit as well. The food certainly wasn't a deal-breaker for us. God knows we had more food that week than any of us needed!

The free bottled water was great. We all grabbed one as we were heading back to the bus.

The buffet area that we went to was HUGE, meaning there were so many tables for people to sit at. It was set up on two sides, with a bar behind each buffet. It was near restrooms. It was also where a cooking demonstration was going on. It was by the pool.

We did that cooking thing -- I think it was called Mexican Cuisine Cooking and Tasting. It was a kick! Luis the chef is wonderful. After the meal we cooked, we could wander around Playa Mia and use all the facilities, including open bar.

You can see our cooking lesson at

The Halls Western Caribbean Cruise

and more info on Playa Mia including taxi fares at

Playa Mia Pictures

For a "beach break" kind of day in Coz, I'd recommend cabbing it to Paradise Beach. I went with my two boys and spent less than $62 - we had drinks (alcoholic for me; soda for them), yummy lunch, shaded lounge chairs, and use of kayaks, the ice burg and water trampoline and floats. We paid extra to use the wave runners right there off the beach. Those were SO much fun. Just sounds like you'll spend quite a lot more to do almost the same thing thru RCI at Playa Mia. I remember looking at that excursion myself then after reading here on CC deciding to do Paradise beach on our own. We loved it!

Archived