Priceline for Hotels

I guess I will try this question again. How do you use Priceline to bid on a resort in San Juan. I see these prices for February for $70.00 but then when I bid $100.00 it is refused. What am I doing wrong?

NR

February is the height of the tourist season in San Juan. A bid of $100 for a resort is probably just too low. In addition, since it is the height of the season the resort hotels may simply be sold out on the dates that you are interested in.

You are probably doing it correct, but they might be sold out for the alottment of rooms. I got mine back in Oct. for this Feb. at 75.00 a night. We are going 3 nights precruise so we were pleased. You can just keep trying and maybe something will show up. I started bidding last spring after we booked our cruise and it took me all the way to Oct. to get accepted!! Good Luck.

I would probably book a backup hotel that you are able to cancel. We did that with the Hampton Inn and Suites. Then when priceline accepted us, we just canceled that reservation with no penalty.

You are NEVER going to get a resort in San Juan in Feb. for $70, maybe IF your'e lucky, $170. I am bidding on a 2 and a half star for april at $80 and it still hasnt been accepted. Just to play it safe ive made a reser. at a hotel i can cancel without penalty and will keep trying priceline up till the last minute!;)

I have been bidding for 2 mths to get a night precruise in San Juan for the end of January, I just got one a week ago. I bid $100 on a 3 star upscale and got the Sheraton in Old San Juan. If priceline doesn't work for you check out Hotwire.com I know some people have just gotten the Sheraton on there for $134

Good luck

Can't say you will never get a resort in Feb. because that's what I got for my 3 night precruise stay--Caribe Hilton 75.00 a night for a total of 299.00 for 3 nights--Granted I got it back in Oct. as did a lot of others, so they are probably gone at this time!!

Archived