International calling card

It FINALLY here! we leave on Sunday on the Freedom. The DW has decided that she needs to call home and check in with the Grandparents. Is there anywhere on board or in port that we can get an international calling card? Is there a better(less expensive) way to call home? We will be in Cozumel, GC, and Jamacia. Thanks in advance!

Grocery Stores, Drug Stores, even Gas Stations are all selling calling cards. Just flip them over to confirm that international calls can be made for twice the the cost of USA calls. I getthem for stewards as a gift when we meet them & at the first port they are using them.

I was recently in Cozumel and have an MCI International US based calling card. Had the special 800 number for Mexico...went to a Telmex phone as instructed...and still had a dickens of a time getting a call to the US. Finally got into some Spanish voice prompt that seemed like it was asking me to push a certain button for English...did that and finally got an English speaking operator that was able to transfer me to MCI USA, where I heard the familiar voice prompts. Call wound up to be about .36 per minute...not bad, but a major hassle to get the call through. Next time I'm buying a local card there as suggested. I'm sure they will be easier to get a call through!

It's easier to buy the card at the port where you will be using it--the card is designed for calling TO the U.S.--not from it! If you buy one here in the states, it's for calling From the US to a foreign port. You will find the card at all the ports--along with plenty of pay phones!

Archived