Scooter rental for cruise from Charleston

Arwenmark

I have often rented scooters for cruises but from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. This cruise leaves from Charleston SC and scootaround who I have used in the past does not service there.

Has anyone rented a scooter in Charleston to cruise with? and if so could you give me a contact? thank you

I did post this on the disabled board as well but is has less traffic on it and thought someone might see it here who happens to know of a place.

Here's a couple I pulled from the Yellow Pages

The Bicycle Shoppe- 843-722-8168

Charleston Bicycle Company 843-571-1211

Mobility Unlimited 843-766-9771

If they can't help you, maybe they can point you in the right direction

Here's a couple I pulled from the Yellow Pages

The Bicycle Shoppe- 843-722-8168

Charleston Bicycle Company 843-571-1211

Mobility Unlimited 843-766-9771

If they can't help you, maybe they can point you in the right direction

Thanks I found one called Herberts Mobility. He says he will meet me at the pier with it.

He also said he was told they were taking the Majesty out of service and selling it after this cruise cycle in April. As far as I know they are still booking cruises on it out of Boston to Bermuda.

• 6 months later...

I noticed that you posted that you had rented scooters for cruises before. Could you give me a ball park price quote for scooter rental. Going on a Carnival cruise - 8 days - out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks - am having trouble finding out any information.

I have often rented scooters for cruises but from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. This cruise leaves from Charleston SC and scootaround who I have used in the past does not service there.

Has anyone rented a scooter in Charleston to cruise with? and if so could you give me a contact? thank you

I did post this on the disabled board as well but is has less traffic on it and thought someone might see it here who happens to know of a place.

Arwenmark, did you mean scooter as in electric wheelchair? Or scooter as in Vespa?

One caveat, the sidewalks in downtown Charleston are very very uneven as they are brick, cobblestone, and flagstone. You'll find that flat concrete sidewalks are very rare.

Archived