Taj Mahal, Queen Victoria world cruise 2008

roscoe39

Hi guys....Has anyone else noticed that we berth in Mumbai on a Friday?.

This normally would not be a problem, unless of course you intend on doing the day trip to visit the Taj Mahal, which is closed on fridays....... and unfortunately arguably the highlight of this particular sector.....

Hi Roscoe,

I think you will find that it would have been very hard to get from Mumbai to Taj Mahal in the time scale you have, it is a very long trip and if you have not been to Mumbai already ........the traffic is a nightmare and does not move fast, even if you were to fly - short of a private jet from the QV think you would find it difficult to do.

Hi Roscoe,

I think you will find that it would have been very hard to get from Mumbai to Taj Mahal in the time scale you have, it is a very long trip and if you have not been to Mumbai already ........the traffic is a nightmare and does not move fast, even if you were to fly - short of a private jet from the QV think you would find it difficult to do.

thanks ricky., it is actually an excursion being offerred by Cunard and I have had a friend do it already from the QE2, it is an early start and a 14 hour day, but they fly you to Agra., breakfast/lunch there and then you are back on board for departure from Mumbai at 10pm. A long day....but probably my only opportunity to see it so would be worth the effort. One of the reasons Ill be even more peeved if I get so close..(Mumbai) and not able to go.

Ive been getting contradicting information from the net., some say its closed because friday being a day of worship...and others saying its closed mondays..not fridays... and my travel agent hasnt been much help either! The only solution is to find someone who has actually being there on a friday!

Archived