Help--??? about dolphin swim

Jante

I also posted this on ports of call forum, but so far no answers, & I'm panicing?? I just booked the dolphin swim in Freeport for myself and DDs 15 & 20. Now I'm having second thoughts. Should have asked first, but i kind of assumed I'd be wearing life jacket or in water where you could stand. How deep is the water where you swim and exactly how good a swimmer do you need to be???

We just did the dolphin swim in Puerta Vallarta and it was wonderful. Everyone wears a life jacket which makes you float so you don't have to tread water. I was a bit nervous before we did the swim since I can swim but not well. All was fine. The folks at the Dophin swim place take good care of you. It was a fantastic experience.

Elise

If you like the Dolphin Excursion you'll want to look in to Discovery Cove in Orlando. It blows every other place out of the water (no pun intended!). Discovery Cove is owned by Sea World and is an absolutely incredible place!! Nothing else compares! If you really want a treat try their Dolphin Trainer For A Day program. Pricey (about $450/person), but truly the most incredible thing I've ever done. I'm in the financial business, but have always wanted to be an animal trainer. For my 30th birthday my husband signed us up for Trainer For a Day and it could not have been a better gift!

Archived