MINOR question!!

Deeds25

Hi, I'm sailing on the Sun one week before my 21st birthday with about 8 people that are 21 years old. On the ncl website, it states that guests between the ages of 18-20 are permitted to purchase and drink alcohol with the consent of an accompanying parent or legal guardian. Can I get a notarized consent form or am I really not allowed to drink on the ship without my parents there?? I just assumed that since the ship was going out of the US that it wouldn't be a problem. Can anybody answer my question??

Thanks,

Deanna

I was on the Spirit in March and half of the people that I was travelling with were not 21. They brought the notarized letters that had been signed by their parents that gave them permission to drink beer and wine while on the ship and showed them to a NCL representative during embarkation. I think then they had to go to the front desk once we boarded and their cards were changed to allow them to purchase beer and wine while on board. The notarized letter will only allow beer or wine to be charged to your card, not hard liquor.

I don't think there is a form online? It says you can only get them on the ship itself.

What part of Indy are you from?

Thanks! I found that on the website after I posted, but I swear I was able to find it before they switched to the new website. Oh well! Guess we'll just fill it out when we get there. We are on the Sun's 2/4 sailing. Which sailing are you on?

I live on the south side (***** area). And you?

Archived