redeeming points on RCI visa card

just curious...

how long after you called MBNA to redeem your points for certificates did it take you to receive the certificate in the mail?

i know they warn you that it could take 6-8 weeks. but in your experience, has it really taken that long?

thanks

We redeemed some points in January for an April sailing on the Brilliance. It only took a couple of weeks to receive the coupons. (We chose shipboard credit.) Then I sent them to RCCL (registered, return receipt.) No problems.

We got ours in a couple days. You can guarantee this by paying a $16 fee for expedited service. We thought we might be cutting it close, so we just paid the fee. The first time I spoke with someone at MBNA they told me about the fee when I said I was concerned about receiving them in time. When I called back to get the certificates, I told the woman I wanted to pay the fee to have them expedited to me.

I've ordered coupons 3 different times to the greater Chicagoland area. First 2 times it took 3 weeks (almost to the day). This was in January and March of this year. I just order another set of coupons last week. Not here yet, but hope them get here next week...

I have 8,000 points. Would this be equivalent to $80.00 in shipboard credit? Is there a number to call to see how much its worth and do you speak to a real person or is it all automated in case you have other questions.

lauren, on the RCCL website they have a total breakdown of the points program. They are rewarded at 5000, 10,000, 15000, 30000, and 50000 point levels. At the 5000 level, you can get a $50 shipboard credit or a robe or some other small items.

Looking for anyone who used their credits for a free fare or companion fare. How did it work? Not sure if I should just cash in my points for the $50 credits or use them for a free 4 day cruise?

Archived