Ironing

The most dangerous fire hazard of them all, a drunk with a lit cigarette.

Another real fire hazard is those hair straighteners popular with teenage girls. They get super hot and we all know how careful teenage girls are about unplugging and putting away their hair straighteners. My girls always bring their straighteners and I always make sure they are unplugged after use. Same as I always unplug and put away my iron after using it, at home, in a hotel, or in my cabin. Maybe I should leave my iron at home and just use one of the hair straighteners to get any wrinkles out! That way there will be more room in my suitcase for Booze!!! LOL!!!

There's no need to SHOUT at me. And what about smoking in your room, are you going to tell me that, that's not a fire hazard. I'm not careless with the iron.

Well, it's nice that you are careful with your iron. But it's not about you. It's about the welfare and well being of everyone on the ship.

As for smoking in the room, on our cruise last week, the CD mentioned that as well. So rest assured, it's been covered.:rolleyes:

Well, I don't need book for Dummies. You are really RUDE.

Well, that's why they make the announcement. For those who don't read their cruise documents.:rolleyes: Hence the need for the Dummies book...:D

I was thrilled, to hear the announcement, too, Merion Mom.

Unfortunately even though you may be carefull, if they allow you to bring one then they have to allow everyone. Not everyone is that carefull. The ships rules are no irons allowed. The cruiselines set the rules it is their house.

As far as the smoking issue goes that is a whole different issue and until the cruiselines say no more it will be allowed. Again its the cruiselines house and their rules for us to abide by or go elsewhere.

On my most recent cruise (last month), the documents I received did not mention irons being prohibited. Maybe they know how careful I am.

On my most recent cruise (last month), the documents I received did not mention irons being prohibited. Maybe they know how careful I am.

Funny but I am looking at the documents for the cruise that we are leaving on this weekend and in the section listed as Cruise Vacation Guide under getting ready here is what is listed.

WHAT NOT TO PACK

For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard:

*Electrical Transformers

*Irons

*Coffee Makers

*Candles

*Illegal drugs

*Flammable liquids and explosives such as fireworks

Either you didn't read all the pages or they just started listing it. The next section under this states that they do not provide irons as they constitute a fire hazard.

Funny but I am looking at the documents for the cruise that we are leaving on this weekend and in the section listed as Cruise Vacation Guide under getting ready here is what is listed.

WHAT NOT TO PACK

*Electrical Transformers

*Irons

*Coffee Makers

*Candles

*Illegal drugs

Either you didn't read all the pages or they just started listing it. The next section under this states that they do not provide irons as they constitute a fire hazard.

Funny, these were in my cruise documents, too.

Dockman123:

WHAT NOT TO PACK

*Electrical Transformers

*Irons

*Coffee Makers

*Candles

*Illegal drugs

Whats interesting is that "electrical transformers" is listed, and yet that is exactly what our plug in "adapters" are, that power our:

Cell phone chargers;

notebook computer power adaptors;

iPod chargers;

on and on and on....

And am I opening a can of worms, when I mention that Crock pots and portable BBq's (for your Balcony) are not specifically mentionned in 'What not to bring', yet they too can be dangerous when operated while intoxicated?!?!

(Yes I am):D

Well back to the OP...

Save your time, and send out to get your clothes cleaned/pressed... we did, and it was wonderful!

Gee whiz, OP and other offendees. A SEARCH of this forum alone reveals 250 recent posts on the topic of "irons". They all say the same thing "No, not allowed" and that does not include all the rest of them on "self service laundry" . It is a topic that comes up almost weekly. Please forgive us if we get a little sarcastic. My quote on another board is...."You are a unique individual...as are one million others just like you.":) It's new to you, but the same answer is no, irons are not allowed. And they have started mentioning the prohibition at muster. :)

Dockman123:

Whats interesting is that "electrical transformers" is listed, and yet that is exactly what our plug in "adapters" are, that power our:

Cell phone chargers;

notebook computer power adaptors;

iPod chargers;

on and on and on....

And am I opening a can of worms, when I mention that Crock pots and portable BBq's (for your Balcony) are not specifically mentionned in 'What not to bring', yet they too can be dangerous when operated while intoxicated?!?!

(Yes I am):D

Well back to the OP...

Save your time, and send out to get your clothes cleaned/pressed... we did, and it was wonderful!

This section was not in our previous documents from a couple of years ago. I figure if we can get enough people asking about it ( crock pots and portable bbq's) they will have to add these items to future documents.:D

WHAT NOT TO PACK

*Electrical Transformers

*Irons

*Coffee Makers

*Candles

*Illegal drugs

Nope, I didn't miss it, it wasn't mentioned. I know because they came pdf and I did a search.

Irons are prohibited on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships. You can find this information in your documentation and on the company's websites.

To remove wrinkles, you may make use of the ship's laundry service or try some of the recommendations listed here and on other threads on this subject.

This thread is now closed.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Archived