Millenium Mayfair London

Hi everyone

Was wondering if anybody has ever stayed at the Mayfair ? ... Recently would be a great help. It looks very nice and comfortable, but reading about the polonium poisoning mystery on tripadvisor dot com makes me wonder ...

Thnks for any help

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Someone I know on our last ta cruise stayed there and liked it. Superb location!!

By the way, there is a Mayfair Millenium and a Mayfair Hotel. I assume you are referring to the Millenium!!

Yup .... that's the one!

I'll be using it as my home (temporarily) this Oct

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Unless you've really irritated some powerful Russians recently, I wouldn't worry too much about this. :D

Thanks .... you've made my morning!

(I sometimes tend to pi** people off, but doubt if they'll actually kill me ... :D )

Hope all is well

:)

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the Millenium Mayfair last August 2006. It is a nice hotel. We used a Princess precruise package to stay there. We were caught by surprise on check out that the daily paper they delivered to our room was not free. The clerk on check in asked what paper we would want delivered to our room and since we didn't know chose one for us. It turns out only one of the many they offer was free so ask before you accept. We also never ate at the hotel as it is very expensive. Since the hotel is catty-cornered from the American Embassy the road in front of the embassy is closed for security reasons with machine gun carrying marines out front. The Mayfair location is really a short walk to department stores on Oxford (10 minutes) or Buckingham Palace (15 minutes at a brisk walk or 30 minutes at a leisurely walk with a stop at St. James' Park to watch the ducks and view the gardens). The Hop on Hop Off buses can be picked up on Park Lane which is even closer than either of the above. Because it's so close to many things there are many restaurants and pubs around. It is a nice location, but I have to admit that when we are in London this coming May we plan to stay in the Victoria Station area. It may be further from Oxford but closer to Westminster.

I stayed there about 8 years ago, it was one of my most memorable hotel stays because the power in the hotel went out on a warm London day, when it was about 84 degrees. The elevators worked as well as the emergency lighting but the rooms were pitch black. We ended up having a ball because when it got dark folks hung around the hotel lobby with candles and complimentary wine from the hotel staff. The staff intermingled with travelers like they were old friends. It really was a nice night. Also, I swear our hotel room was haunted because the television kept turning itself on and off a few days later.

In any event, the location is great, the rooms were nice. Wouldn't mind staying there again because of the memories.

Archived