Altun Ha excursion with private tour group

vermonter16

Has anyone used Belize Cruise Excursions? Since it looks like we'll be going to Altun Ha what have been your experiences using a private guide? And if you've done it with the ship what have your experiences been? I just don't want to be herded around like cattle...but I don't want to be stressed about making it back to the ship or I just don't enjoy it at all...

We just rerturned from a cruise that included Belize. We took the Belize- cruise-excursions tour and could not have been more pleased.

We were met at the dock and taken to the office where they check in various tours. Most had about 8-10 people. As it turned out we were the only two for Altun Ha. As a result we had our private guide. David is his name but calls himself King David so people will remember his name. Really was wonderful. Knew Altun Ha in great detail and gave us a lot of info about Belize on the trip out and back.

Highly recommended

We were in Belize in December. We had originally planned on cave tubing, but the weather did not cooperate and all cave tubing excursions were cancelled due to high water conditions.

So instead we went to Altun Ha.

After we got off the tender we walked to the right (right as you faced the pier) there is a small stand there run by a tour group...I think the Belize Taxi Assoc. or something like that. They all wear white shirts with patches. Anyway we booked a tour with them. It was $35 which included Altun Ha admission and guided tour and a tour around the city. There were 5 of us in a 2005 minivan. We loved it! Wonderful excursion. The guide pointed out many things along the way to Altun Ha that were facinating about the country and city and gave us a wonderful tour of the ruins. Very personal. Only 5 of us in the group. I would highly recommend it.

Do they go into Altun Ha with you or do you go on your own? Also, is there an entrance fee or is that covered in the cost?

" King" David took is to every corner of Altun Ha personally. I think the cost was $ 62 for the two of us. That included all expenses.

We just returned and had used Belize Cruise Excursions......we had Manuel (M&M) We left ahead of the ship excursions, he was wonderful, lots of information and enjoyed our large group of 12. After arriving at Altun Ha he gave us a great tour. We even were able to see the 6 foot carving of a face on a building that was hidden behind the temple. We noticed that the ship excursions just put the folks out there, let them climb one of the Temples and then herded them back to the buses. We were even taken on a "jungle" walk where Manuel pointed out the different plants and trees that were used for various ailments and mounds that had yet to excavated. We returned in plenty of time. I would book with them again in a heartbeat.

Archived