What would you wear

Nuncie

Coming from the North Country, I usually go in the late fall..but have come home to lots of snow. Am planning a trip with friends in March so will just have to see! A lighweight jacket may work just to get on and off the plane, and then to send someone else(Husband, S.O. oldest child) to park the car, retrieve the car !

But really who knows? We will just see!

We just traveled from Detroit in December to Miami and are traveling again to Port Canaveral in March. Our game plan: We usually have someone drop off and pick us up at the airport that way we wear our winter coats in the car then leave them when we get to the airport. Then when we get picked back up on our return, our coats are in the car waiting for us. I usually wear a track suit on the plane so I can take the jacket off when I get to FL. My husband always wears jeans because that's what he wears everywhere.

I agree with Micki Dee. We do everything the same. DH jeans, me track set with a light jacket to be removed and coats left in the car. I usually come home in capris because I have a hard time putting pants back on. To sobering to put them on I guess.

No matter what I always wear layers, especially since you can never tell whether the plane will be hot or cold. I usually leave room in my bags to pack my winter jacket just in case the weather is completely different when I come home. Last year I took a cruise from San Juan. Going down I made the mistake of leaving my jacket at home (even though it was around freezing when we left). Coming back I ended up having to spend the night in Dallas overnight. It was cold and rainy there. And my teeth were literally chattering.

We live in the "frozen tundra" and usually travel during winter months, so I run from the house to the taxi and into the airport. I usually wear a sweater set, lightweight khaki slacks and my merrell sandals. DH always travels in a blazer, collared shirt and khakis. He is then able to use the blazer for informal nights in the dining room. It works for us.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I wear khakis, shoes and socks (my feet get cold on planes), a short sleeved T with a micro fleece over it. I put my winter jacket in the outside pocket of my suitcase just before I hand it ove to the airlines. I carry sandals in my tote, so I can change shoes when we get to warm weather.

When we travel in Feb/March, and since we only go from the door to the limo to the airport (and visa versa) we wear long pants (jeans, cargos), t-shirts, socks, runners, and instead of wearing a coat we put on fleezy long sleeved sweaters or jackets. Nothing too heavy - we learned our lesson a couple of years ago when we landed in Ft. Lauderdale and it was sweltering and we had on heavier clothes because of the weather when we left.

When we travel in Feb/March, and since we only go from the door to the limo to the airport (and visa versa) we wear long pants (jeans, cargos), t-shirts, socks, runners, and instead of wearing a coat we put on fleezy long sleeved sweaters or jackets. Nothing too heavy - we learned our lesson a couple of years ago when we landed in Ft. Lauderdale and it was sweltering and we had on heavier clothes because of the weather when we left.

When we travel in Feb/March, and since we only go from the door to the limo to the airport (and visa versa) we wear long pants (jeans, cargos), t-shirts, socks, runners, and instead of wearing a coat we put on fleezy long sleeved sweaters or jackets. Nothing too heavy - we learned our lesson a couple of years ago when we landed in Ft. Lauderdale and it was sweltering and we had on heavier clothes because of the weather when we left (very very cold).

Archived