Got a cruise (Summit) on hold for 24 hours

woodmill100

Celebrity in the UK have held a cruise for me for 24 hours while I do some research! We'd held it as they say we're having the last numbered cabin for that cruise which is Ultimate Alaska on Summit.

Can anyone tell me if the cabins have a fridge?

I could spend all day talking about how great the summit is. Search the boards and you'll find it is one of the best Celebrity ships out there. Good size, great service, wonderful food.

There are so many I do not know where to start. However, I suggest

1. Look at the members reviews on the cruises in the review sections on the boards. You will get a great nights reading there.

2. Take each persons views and then apply your own personal "filter" to them - some over praise, some over criticise you will work it out very soon!

3. Look at the Alaska section on the Ports Board - you will get great advise there re shore excursions, certainly trips like Captain Larry Whalewatching and Island Wings Floatseeing made our trip and all at a lower cost than on board excursions

4. If you have booked, go the the Role Calls Forum and sign in for your cruise - you will again be able to share info and get to know some of your fellow cruises.

5. As you are going from the UK, keep checking what X UK tell you against info on these boards. I find the boards are a week ahead of any good or bad news stories than the UK office

6. Most important, if you can, fly out at least 48 hours ahead of the cruise so a - if flights go wrong you have contingency and b - for this trip you need to get your body clock aligned so you can enjoy the most of the trip!

Ask away on the boards - and search for old answers. It will give you many pleasant hours in the planning of your trip and makes the days and weeks to cruising go so much quicker

A

There are so many I do not know where to start. However, I suggest

1. Look at the members reviews on the cruises in the review sections on the boards. You will get a great nights reading there.

2. Take each persons views and then apply your own personal "filter" to them - some over praise, some over criticise you will work it out very soon!

3. Look at the Alaska section on the Ports Board - you will get great advise there re shore excursions, certainly trips like Captain Larry Whalewatching and Island Wings Floatseeing made our trip and all at a lower cost than on board excursions

4. If you have booked, go the the Role Calls Forum and sign in for your cruise - you will again be able to share info and get to know some of your fellow cruises.

5. As you are going from the UK, keep checking what X UK tell you against info on these boards. I find the boards are a week ahead of any good or bad news stories than the UK office

6. Most important, if you can, fly out at least 48 hours ahead of the cruise so a - if flights go wrong you have contingency and b - for this trip you need to get your body clock aligned so you can enjoy the most of the trip!

Ask away on the boards - and search for old answers. It will give you many pleasant hours in the planning of your trip and makes the days and weeks to cruising go so much quicker

A

Now, this is some GOOD information..

but, what I want to know is this:

"WHERE IS THE BEST PUB TO STOP FOR

LUNCH AND, A QUAFF IN EDINBURGH?"

We will be on the CENTURY in May,

stopping by your fair city...

(Can not wait!) but, I have to just

find the BEST pub to visit there.. :D

There are loads of pubs in Edinburgh. It depends on what you like food and atmosphere wise. Do you like a traditional pub or a more trendy sort of place. How long are you here for?

Indigo yard edinburgh is good as is the standing order. Both good but very different.

Celebrity in the UK have held a cruise for me for 24 hours while I do some research! We'd held it as they say we're having the last numbered cabin for that cruise which is Ultimate Alaska on Summit.

Can anyone tell me if the cabins have a fridge?

You might want to search the Internet for Summit pod problems. They have had to curtail/cancel a few cruises in 2005 and 2006 for pod propulsion problems. Just an advance warning to be aware of when booking the Summit, Infinity, Millenium or Constellation. The Constellation is the only one that seems not to have these problems.

There are loads of pubs in Edinburgh. It depends on what you like food and atmosphere wise. Do you like a traditional pub or a more trendy sort of place. How long are you here for?

Indigo yard edinburgh is good as is the standing order. Both good but very different.

Thank you for your reply...

We are going to be on the CENTURY's May 18 cruise from Amsterdam

to Scotland and, Ireland. ~ Sadly, we only get one day

to see Edinburgh..so, in our time there, we do want to find an excellent

pub to visit..I know there is much more in Edinburgh than just pubs, but,

we do want to visit a great pub and, have an authentic lunch and, an ale

for sure! :rolleyes: (or, two...or, three) ;)

Any great suggestions appreciated at:

Gary fm Col @ aol.com (no spaces)

Thanks..

Hi Woodmill,

Just got back from the Mercury and it seems harder to sneak booze on board. You might be OK with a bottle of wine but if you take it to the dining room, they'll charge you a corkage fee of $25 - ouch! That's more than the wine costs! - Open it in your cabin as they provide wine glasses and then take it to dinner. You'll be OK buying a few bottles of beer off the ship - no problem getting through security but I think they have the right to take large bottles of liquor and store them for you until you disemark. That's been the on-going rule since I've been cruizin' since 1972.

Archived