Atrium Hotel/barcelona

ddean52

We stayed here 2 nights last May and would definetly stay here again. Rooms were nice - not large but fine for us. We had 2 twin beds - people had said they were hard but were fine for us.

We arrived very early and were told rooms were not ready but once the desk clerk realized we were not going out sightseeing and were waiting he had us in our room within 45 minutes. We took a quick nap and then went out.

It is located 2 blocks from the top of L Ramblas - easy walk.

We also had breakfast included with our rate. It was a buffet which was adequate - not the best but also not the worst I have had.

The only drawback I could see was the day we were checking out and going to the pier. RCCL uses this hotel (we booked on our own on the internet) and people were in the lobby waiting for the bus to pick them up and people getting off the cruise were coming in for post cruise and it was a ZOO!

We had arranged with Angie to pick us up and take us to the pier and I was very glad I did as we were able to get out of there and not try to get a taxi or wait for a bus.

If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer as I booked this hotel by reading these boards.

APSIS ATRIUM PALACE?

Stayed there in November. The breakfast was fine and very reasonable if booked on line. This is Europe remember.

Would definitely stay there again. Nice modern, clean rooms. Excellent bathroom. Staff very nice. Got a taxi to the port easily. Yes, the cruise line was using this, but lots of hotels are busy with am checkouts. Nothing particularly unusual.

Excellent location. Near Plaza Catalunya. We had a room at the front of the hotel with a little verandah - very pleasant in the evening.

Nice small pool and hot tub. For the money - very good!!! Last time we stayed at the Ritz - mega bucks and the room wasn't very nice!!! We would stay there again and have recommended it to friends.

We stayed their 8 days last October and loved it. Rooms are small but nicely appointed and very clean. The location is perfect. Close to everything, but away from the noise and crowds.

We will definitely stay there again.

:D

Is Angie a taxi service? How is it booked? Pls explain--we'd like to get an early start from this hotel to the ship before the bus! & also need car service after our post cruise overnight from another hotel

We have a transatlantic booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for Dec 2. We would like to get as much information regarding the hotel and Angie. Actually any information & advice that you can give us would be appreciated. This will be our first transatlantic cruise. We're planning on driving to Miami & leave our car there (We live in NC but have lots of family in Miami.). We'll fly from Miami to Barcelona (need airline advice & packing).

Thanks

Lynn

We used Angie this past May. Unfortunetly I have deleted her e-mail address but if you do a search on the Europe boards I am sure it will come up as this is where I got my info.

We used them to pick us up at the airport, to the pier & then to airport after the cruise.

You will pay a little more than a regular taxi but it was so worth it. After an overnight flight it was so nice to have someone there with a sign taking my suitcase and leading us to a car. We booked them because we had a 10:30am flight at end of cruise. We found by using them we got to the airport before the cruise buses and were at least in the front of the loooong lines.

We did all our reservations by e-mail and payment was made at time of services. They were always there at the times requested. I would highly recommend them.

We used Angie this past May. Unfortunetly I have deleted her e-mail address but if you do a search on the Europe boards I am sure it will come up as this is where I got my info.

We used them to pick us up at the airport, to the pier & then to airport after the cruise.

You will pay a little more than a regular taxi but it was so worth it. After an overnight flight it was so nice to have someone there with a sign taking my suitcase and leading us to a car. We booked them because we had a 10:30am flight at end of cruise. We found by using them we got to the airport before the cruise buses and were at least in the front of the loooong lines.

We did all our reservations by e-mail and payment was made at time of services. They were always there at the times requested. I would highly recommend them.

Angie's email is TAXIINTERNACION@terra.es

Archived