Question about transfers

aprilF

We opted for the transfer from the airport to the port (of New Orleans if that makes a difference for anyone's answer) via Carnival. This is my first time getting a transfer. My questions are:

1. Will Carnival get the checked luggage? I am wondering because I would like to pack a bag for me to 'carry on' to the ship (change of clothes, basic toiltries) but I dont want to carry around the various airports. The reason I want a small bag of necessities is that Carnival has 'lost' my bag before. It showed up very late the first night and it would have been really nice to have a few things that first afternoon and evening.

2. Will I have the opportunity to go to a store in or near the airport or port so that I can buy Pepsis to bring on the ship. I would rather not pack them if possible.

Thanks to any that may be able to help.

The last time I did this, WE were responsible for gather all of our luggage from the baggage claim area. Then we walked outside and handed the luggage over to the bus driver who then loaded the luggage onto the bus.

When you get to the port, the bus will be unloaded by the porters and loaded onto the ship.

No, the bus won't be stopping anywhere for people to get off and shop.

We have only used the Carnival bus once, when we were leaving from Long Beach. It was very efficient and worked just as the above poster described. Sorry, no shopping....unless there are some shops at the port....which we had at Long Beach but have never seen them anywhere else. I'm just not sure what the set up is in New Orleans, sorry.

Thanks klfrodo and suseg for the quick reply about the baggage. I figured that the transfer bus would not stop anywhere to allow us to shop I was just curious if there were any places in the airport or near the ship port for us to grab a few sodas. If there is anyone familiar with New Orleans, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Thanks klfrodo and suseg for the quick reply about the baggage. I figured that the transfer bus would not stop anywhere to allow us to shop I was just curious if there were any places in the airport or near the ship port for us to grab a few sodas. If there is anyone familiar with New Orleans, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Bump for anyone that may know this...please!

Archived