Meet & Mingle on Princess

CAcruzfunatic

I am aware that Princess does not have a formal policy of setting up Meet & Minlges as does Royal Caribbean. We have a roll call group, for our Diamond Princess sailing, currently in excess of 80 passengers. We would love to set up a fomal meeting time and location. Is anyone aware of who you would inquire of as to the ships willingness to provide a venue or something for a formal meeting of our CC group while on board?

Any input or assitance would be appreciated!

Or if you know who the cruise director will be on your sailing, just email him onboard the ship. If he answers, he will take it from there and visit with you once onboard to set up meeting times. But just remember, Princess rarely does the food and drink that RCI does for it's meet and mingle type thing, they just provide the space, usually.

We had a Meet and Greet on both Grand Princess cruises that we have been on. The meeting was set up 45 days prior to the cruise with the Princess rep that handles that sort of thing. We were told very clearly not to contact the CD on the ship that he/she is busy enough with the cruise that they are on and that is what the rep is responsible for doing. There is a listing on the Princess thread (do a search for it)with the email addresses of all of the reps for the different ships.

Thank you all so much for your input.

I have sent an email to edelrosario... I will see what response we get. I don't know if anyone is expecting the cruise line to provide refreshement as much as just being able to set a time and venue before we leave will allow us to get the information on the roll call so everone has the information.

I'll let you know here if I'm successful.

Thanks again.

I set up the Meet and Greet on our Nov cruise. I contacted the PCL rep and she advised me to email again when we were 45 days from departure, which I did. I requested that the M/G be scheduled for our first sea day, at Skywalker's (great views) at 11am. She sent me a confirmation email and said that another letter would be in our cabin, confirming the meet. PCL provided the meeting place and dry snacks. A cash bar was open for our meeting. We had a great turn out with 65+ attending.

On our first Grand cruise the M/G was set up for embarkation day 5pm....We had a wonderful time but everyone seemed tired and a bit hurried. I liked the first sea day better as members had time to settle in, rest and were up to the meet.

Sometimes it's better just to arrange your own time and spot. You have a larger group but I still wouldn't count on everyone showing up. We had about 125 on our roll call one year and I would guess about 30 actually came to the arranged meeting. One thing that has worked very well in the past for us is wearing something that others in your roll call will recognize upon boarding. Plastic leis found at a dollar store are great. We had so much fun "finding" our roll call buddies in the boarding area wearing those stupid leis! I would suggest arranging to meet at the bar at the lowest atrium level your first sea day. There is usually lots of seating and nothing much going on around there. Skywalkers is the best location for these larger meetings, but unless you get ahold of the ship and arrange it prior to your sail date it could already have another function planned. We had to share Skywalkers once with our roll call group with a big birthday party that had a microphone. We couldn't hear each other talk so it was a big bust. Good luck with whatever you get arranged. I am sure you will have fun!

The CD has nothing to do with arranging the Meet and Mingles in advance of the cruise. It is all handled through Special Services. Once the CD is aware of the gathering then he/she may choose to lay it on thicker. Arrange your initial gathering through the Princess rep Once you are on board you can then deal directly with the Maitre'd for a second lunch time meet or the CD for another gathering.

From a previous thread:

"I've used the contacts below to reserve a meeting room for a CC meet and greet. We found that sometimes if you just set up your own place you will get chased out because others have it reserved. I would contact the appropriate person. The worst that can happen is they tell you your group is too small and you have to find your own place. You can also call 1-800-Princess and they will put you in touch with the right person.

Grand and Island Princess - Sue Tieman - stieman@princesscruises.com

Star Princess - Sergio Lopez - slopez@princesscruises.com

Coral Princess - Coleen Reyes - creyes@princesscruises.com

Diamond and Sun Princess - Diana Hall - dhall@princesscruises.com

Pacific, Tahitian Princess - Jan James - jjames@princesscruises.com

Regal and Sapphire Princess - Jenny Streeck - jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Caribbean and Sea Princess - Berda Davis - bdavis@princesscruises.com

Golden and Dawn Princess - Berna Grayr - bgrayr@princesscruises.com

• 3 weeks later...

We were able to confirm a Meet & Mingle time and location aboard the Diamond Princess with the above mentioned Princess representative, Diana Hall.

Diana was very accomodating and arranged our Meet and Mingle for the first sea day at 2:00 pm in the Skywalkers night club. They will provide a bar tender for one hour so we can purchase drinks. That works great for our group.

Thanks for everyones help!

Archived