Temper Tantrum! I did post! I did, I did!! Where is it?

Old As Dirt Mom

WAAAH!

My posts are not showing up, other people's posts are not showing up, things are not right here! I'm exhausting minutes of my life, dispensing copious amounts of great wisdom and insight, only to have my precious words not "register" on the main HAL board. Things "appear" quiet here, only because a very large number of posts are just not getting through, until someone "miraculously" brings the post count to some magical amount which allows the posts to show. It's like being in a "twilight zone"!

This is probably going to go into oblivion......

Karin

Relax. Your past ``non-existant'' posts have floated away into that great lounge we all know as cyberspace. Happens about this time each year when the boards get exceptionally busy. Happens even more when the mods start changing things on the boards like page set ups, colors, etc.

Lost a few posts over the past few days myself. Won't let it bother me, but I do get a bit upset when I can't get on the boards to get my daily dose of cruise info.:(

Dianne

Karin, I am reading you LOUD and CLEAR. It does seem like we are in the Twilight Zone. The problem has been going on for a few weeks now. The biggest frustration is when you can see several are posting yet when you go to the thread a post from a few hours ago is the only post showing and there are at least 3 or more lost in the Twilight Zone. Then of course there is the problem that you have posted but when it refreshes it says you have not posted.:eek: :confused:

I'm assuming someone has told the board about this. I wish they would get it fixed. I'm new to this board and I'm additcted. It drives me crazy when I can't get it to post because it is too slow, or they just vanish. Makes me reluctant to post.

I've been "quiet" the last week because I get frustrated waiting for something to come up once I click it. After 15 seconds or so I just give up. Then I get the WSOD from time to time. Oh well. I'll post here when I can because the price is right! ;)

Added: This post never made it ... according to the hourglass. But when I gave up and went back to the menu and clicked on the last post (obriendan) mine showed up!

Now when I added the paragraph above and clicked save, my entire post was gone. I refreshed, and there it was! S-T-R-A-N-G-E

Hello:

And I feel your pain, too!

I did send email to Host Walt with my complaints, and he pointed out to me Kimberly's announcement at the top of the page, where she asks us to be patient, and not post our complaints here on the boards. Rather, she asks us to contact her directly with our concerns. (Kimberly is the Cruise Critic Community Assistant). So I goofed by venting my impatience here, and I've given Host Walt permission to remove this thread, should he deem it neccessary (I fully realize that he can remove my thread, with or without my permission!) Apparently, the problem is known and being worked upon. I do hope things get better soon, because all these lost posts do rather defeat the purpose of a chat board.

My apologies.

Karin

WAAAH!

My posts are not showing up, other people's posts are not showing up, things are not right here! I'm exhausting minutes of my life, dispensing copious amounts of great wisdom and insight, only to have my precious words not "register" on the main HAL board. Things "appear" quiet here, only because a very large number of posts are just not getting through, until someone "miraculously" brings the post count to some magical amount which allows the posts to show. It's like being in a "twilight zone"!

This is probably going to go into oblivion......

Karin

nya nya nya: I noticed that on one thread I had a double post even though I know for sure that I only hit "send" once - I guess "they" just like me more than they like you.

Valerie:cool:

Of course Karin you know that I am just joking. I would never be mean to you, I like you waaaaay too much. I agree with the majority here that the board is weird right now, to say the least. Oh well, in just a few hours I'm outta here on my way to Fort Lauderdale and then on to even more exotic locales. I hope you can all survive without my wit and wisdom for at least seven weeks (something tells me that you will have no trouble whatsoever getting by;)) .

Valerie:D

Jim, That happened to me. Thought it didn't go through, then later there it is then there are the double and triple posts--some of which will not let you even edit ....

I do like the new, more vivid logo and banners at the top--attractive. Nice use of complementary colors!! (Hey, I'm an art teacher--I notice these things!):)

Oh well, in just a few hours I'm outta here on my way to Fort Lauderdale and then on to even more exotic locales. I hope you can all survive without my wit and wisdom for at least seven weeks (something tells me that you will have no trouble whatsoever getting by;)) .

Valerie:D

7 weeks !

What will become of us? I will be a year older by the time you return. You may not even recognize me.

Have a safe and fabulous trip. It won't be the same w/o you around the house.

I have made a habit of copying before I post- usually. If it disappears and I haven't copied I figure my post just wasn't mean to be.

I have far more problem with double posts.

I remember about a year ago there was a bunch of talk about someone changing the way CC operates, and the site was down for a short while. Everything was supposed to be much better after that, but of course it was absolute chaos for a week. Then it was okay and it is still so much better than it was a year ago.

I don't have much problem when I post now- about 6am EST- probably due to zero traffic.

I wonder if it's the insane amount of graphics people have in their posts???:o

7 weeks !

What will become of us? I will be a year older by the time you return. You may not even recognize me.

Have a safe and fabulous trip. It won't be the same w/o you around the house.

Ouch Hammybee, you just reminded me that I too will be a year older when I get back - dayum how time flies.

I'm sure that I will have a fabulous trip and thanks so much for your wishes.

Valerie:)

And all this time I thought I was going Crazy. Yesterday after having a double post that I have no idea what happenedI was reluctent to post a reply but after much consternation I drafted what I thought was a rather consise reply only to have go off to never never land.

It apperars I not the only one

I am slow in typing , it take me for ever to write something and sometimes when I do it.it just disappears on me, then I have to write it again. Often when that happens, I don't bother to write it again!!!

I know how this board can be and like some of you I am hunt and peck type of typer using 4 fingers so it takes me a while to compose what I want to say so what I do is have MSword open also after I complete my typing I copy the post to word..So if my post goes off into "Bits and Bytes Heaven:D " I can replace it quickly:)

I hope this helps

This is weird.

Last night I posted a post, but it wasn't there. It showed on the thread that I was the last post, but my post wasn't there. Then I went to the "search" function and saw that it showed my post was on the thread, but it wasn't.

So today I checked again, and it still wasn't there, so I reposted it. It posted, but also the other post (and a duplicate) posted. How strange.

A minute ago, I posted on a thread and it did the same thing. It shows I posted it, but it's nowhere to be found.

I would imagine this post will do the same thing.

Edited to add...now this one did post right off the bat. Strange.

Archived