Mexican Riviera Port Review – 12/31/06 Carnival Pride

suziehmkr

This was our 2nd time on this itinerary. Our first was during the summer, which I doubt we will ever do again. This time of year is a GREAT time to sail to Mexico.

We were on the Carnival Pride that set sail on New Year’s Eve… for my ship review, see the Carnival board. We have already rebooked this ship for Christmas and will be taking our daughter as a holiday surprise.

Puerto Vallarta

Since we traveled with a friend that had never been to these ports, we chose to repeat a couple of excursions. In PV, we booked the canopy tour thru Los Veranos again. Just as good as the last time! This staff is first rate in service. The lines are fun and safe! We would not hesitate to bring our child on this excursion. There were a few young kids and they had a ball. It was fun to see their faces as they zipped! We may return yet a third time since the next time we sail, we will have our DD with us and I think she would really enjoy the ziplines. We had a bit of rain when we first started, but the canopy protected us from getting wet. However, from the video we saw on the ship, it looks like it rained pretty good on those that had taken the Mismaloya City Tour. But it was very warm, so I can’t imagine it was uncomfortable.

Lunch after the ziplines was yet another memory! We were introduced to a moonshine tequila called Raicilla. I will let you think what you will about our afternoon. Ron – don’t say a word! Remember, what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico! ;) The funny thing is that I didn’t know that Ron was Ron until the next day at Randi’s and that he had witnessed everything. Ha ha I am told the food was very good, but I never got around to eating very much of mine. The nachos looked fantastic though and when you ask for them to be HOT, they load the jalapenos on the top. Yum! They had monkeys, snakes & spiders that you could check out if you were so inclined. We did end up purchasing the pictures that they took.

After we were taken back to the tour office, we walked down the malecon and then took a taxi back to the ship. Our tequila lunch did not keep us from making our massage appointment at the Krystal! Wonderful!! The hotel is in the middle of some remodeling so it was strange walking thru the grounds that weren’t being used. I got some beautiful shots of the sunset while we waited. Awesome! The massage was perfect and we left feeling very relaxed. I would recommend this in a heartbeat.

Mazatlan

We rode with our dear friend, Randi again! This day could not have been any better and it was the day that I was most looking forward to. The weather was perfect. Randi’s staff was great, the ride was beautiful and everyone had fun chatting during the ride and after. Lunch at Victor’s was as good as I remember and the garlic shrimp & onion rings are still to die for! We had a tour set up with Frank in the afternoon and Tony was constantly keeping us informed of our status. He had planned to take us to the water taxi and then coming back for the others, but everyone decided they were ready to leave and left the same time that we did (which I think was around 1:30.) You can bet that we will be riding with Randi again at Christmas when we return. It wouldn’t be the same without her!

We then met up with Frank and joined his tour that he had started in the morning. We spent a few hours touring Mazatlan with Frank and enjoyed some great views of the bay and our ship from up high. Frank is an excellent tour guide and I recommend him to anyone that wants to see Mazatlan on a tour. Thanks Frank!!

Cabo San Lucas

By choice, we did not schedule anything in this port. And I am glad we didn’t because we were ready for a relaxing day. We took our time getting off the ship and then just walked around the marina for a little while. We stopped in at Cabo Wabo for our traditional Waborita and then returned to the ship for an afternoon of sun by the pool. This was our hottest day as far as weather.

I plan to upload photos this weekend… the link will appear in my signature when I get it done.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

We were introduced to a moonshine tequila called Raicilla. I will let you think what you will about our afternoon. Ron – don’t say a word! Remember, what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico! ;)
Tequila??? What tequila??? I didn't say anything. And I didn't post those photos on my web site. And for a small fee it will stay that way.

Enjoy

Ron

Hey Ron

Does your photo program allow a slideshow feature on these photos? I couldn't find the go button!!! Trying to advance each one full frame. And where are all the incriminating ones? Looks like you spent lot of time circling the horses? Still waiting to hear from Randi to see if we are going with her next month or not.

John

Suzie, really enjoyed your photos! Thank you so much. I totally forgot that they had a retractable roof on the Pride. I think perhaps it was inoperable on our cruise, along with the slide. This was our very first cruise, and will always be special to us.

Hey Ron

Does your photo program allow a slideshow feature on these photos? I couldn't find the go button!!! Trying to advance each one full frame. And where are all the incriminating ones? Looks like you spent lot of time circling the horses? Still waiting to hear from Randi to see if we are going with her next month or not.

John

http://www.ronrythm.com/RandisHorses1SS.html is the link to a slide show version. It won't automatically cycle, just use the arrows at the top of the big picture. The inciminating photos? What happens on the cruise, stays on the cruise. Right, Tina? When I emailed Randi, dear AOL put her reply in the spam folder, so email her again and check your spam. I should have my canopy tour pages done tonight.

Enjoy

Ron

Suzie, really enjoyed your photos! Thank you so much. I totally forgot that they had a retractable roof on the Pride. I think perhaps it was inoperable on our cruise, along with the slide. This was our very first cruise, and will always be special to us.

Glad you enjoyed them.... BTW - you live VERY close to me! We even met some other people from Santa Cruz while on this cruise! Small world.

Glad you enjoyed them.... BTW - you live VERY close to me! We even met some other people from Santa Cruz while on this cruise! Small world.

Tina, you live near the SC mountains? I was born in Santa Cruz and now live in Morgan Hill!

Hey you guys, we are all FOR (friends of Randi) and I think we are mature enough to see THOSE photos!! Great pics, Suzy still looking at Dec. But being Chrismtas time Papa and I would have to take everyone - that would be 11 people. Need to win the lottery.

Boy - these boards are having a hard time today. I am trying to reply to all of the threads, but "posting a quick reply" isn't so quick! LOL

Cathy - I live in Watsonville. Small world, huh?

Morriscats & all. I assure you (although I haven't even seen the pics) that isn't that bad. Here is the story (in a nutshell of course)

Moonshine tequila! LOL

Smooth, sneaks up on you, but luckily doesn't give you a headache or a hangover. We had a ton of fun at the restaurant and then had to walk it off on the malecon after our very fast & windy road back. That part wasn't so fun! Especially for my husband. Trust me, I did not dance on tables, or even <gasp> flash anyone! LOL Now THAT would have been tragic. I did feel good enough that I would have allowed the tarantula to be placed on my hand, but no one would bring it to me. However, the snake probably would have put me into hysterics! LOL

It's all good! We had fun, no one was driving, we weren't rude to anyone (I don't think we were) and we didn't get arrested.

Almost like when they kept serving us Limoncello on the Island Princess last year (oh, buy one and as long as you keep drinking it, we will fill it for free) That was the best $5 we spent on the ship. You should have seen our waiter's face when we asked him to call us a cab! LOL

Now - this all comes off as if we are drunks, which I assure you we are not. :) We just like to have a little fun once in a blue moon and as long as we don't offend anyone or no one gets hurt, we are ok with it. And I would NEVER have even done one shot if my daughter had been with us. That is a fact.

Love the FOR (Friends of Randi) - she will get a hoot out of that. She said she was going to see if she could talk you into going too! Just go and then tell them you will do Christmas the week before or even over New Years! Just a thought. ;)

Tina, wow, Watsonville, just over the hill! Thanks again for the great review and great pics, I hope it's OK to pass along your review and pic link to our group, many of whom have never cruised so will be impressed with your pics!

Hi Cathy -

I don't mind at all! There pics of the same ports in my link to the Legend of the Seas pics. So - feel free to share both. If you have any questions, feel free to post! You will have a great time on the Pride! I wish I was back there right now (expecially with how cold it has been here!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ron! Great to hear from you!!

That was a great video - did you film all of that? Brings back fun memories, that is for sure!!!

Speaking of planning for shows... we just started the planning for our Ho'ike that will be in October! Lots of work, but fun!

Archived