Horseback riding

67Chevy2

I contacted Caribbean Journey Masters (recommended here) a few months ago to book a tour for February. They got right back to me initially, but I've been trying to confirm and they're not responding...Does anyone know if they are still operating their tours? Maybe they've changed their e-mail address? I think I need to make a "plan B"

Darn! I was really looking forward to riding! :(

Any info would be appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried one of these horseback trips yet? Any feedback? We are still trying to decide between so many options on St. Kitts!

We did the a horseback excursion with Trinity Stables last Apr. We had small group - DW and myself, a couple we were cruising with, and another family. We all had a great time. All of us didn't have much experience with horses, so we depended on the guides. They both were super and had a lot of patients with us. We rode thru the sugar cane up into the rainforest. The views were fantastic when looked back and down to where the ships dock. We finally ended up in the rainforest where we could dismount and they had some cold referestments for us. We ran into a few monkeys, looked at some bamboo growing in the forest, and took a very short walk into the forest (it reminded me of Vietnam - had to back out then).

We went in Apr so this was there dry season, it's hot and dry so I recommend doing this in the morning. When returning back to the ship we had them drop us off at St Charles church - it was built in the 1700's and it's a neat place to visit. Walked to the down town area had a cool drink and visited with the locals. We were only a few blocks away from the dock and walked back to the ship.

It was just one part of a great cruise. And it was a great adventure for everyone.

Hope this helps.....

Archived