the Lido Pool on the Lido deck

;) Please advise me regarding the seating around this pool. Is there ample seating and if so, do you feel "squashed" together. Where else can sun bathers sit comfortably. This will be our first smaller ship, after having cruised on some of the mega ships, like the Constellation and Voyager of the Seas. Although the Lido Pool is described as having a removable canopy, does it still have an outdoor feeling , or are there walls around the pool preventing you from feeling the sea air blowing on you as you are sunbathing. Thankyou, Tweet :confused:

Actually the Zuiderdam is not much smaller than Constellation, but quite a bit smaller than the RCL ship. I'll be on Zuiderdam on 8/28 and from the photos I've seen and the research I have done there is not a crowding problem in any area especially the pool. I'll find out soon!

There seemed to be enough seating (lounges and tables w/chairs) surrounding the Lido pool. It is pretty "busy", but there were chairs available when we were there. It is the pool preferred by children though because it is shallower than the aft pool (which is over their heads at all points). The Lido pool is open (weather permitting) at the top, but the sides are completely enclosed by glass, so there isn't any "breeze". The aft pool, on the other hand, has fewer children and is open to the sun and breeze (hardly any shade available there though).

;) Please advise me regarding the seating around this pool. Is there ample seating and if so, do you feel "squashed" together. Where else can sun bathers sit comfortably. This will be our first smaller ship, after having cruised on some of the mega ships, like the Constellation and Voyager of the Seas. Although the Lido Pool is described as having a removable canopy, does it still have an outdoor feeling , or are there walls around the pool preventing you from feeling the sea air blowing on you as you are sunbathing. Thankyou, Tweet :confused:

Which HAL ship are you asking about?

There are two swimming pools on all HAL ships. (maybe not on Prinsendam?)

Aft pool is on Lido deck on some ships (Zaandam, Volendam, Vista) but is on Navigation Deck on the Statendam Class ships and Rotterdam/Amsterdam. I personally prefer having aft pool on Navigation but they moved it on the newer ships to be able to add more cabins with verandas.

Archived