HAL VI Sail Away

mommybunny21

mommybunny21 - my dh and I did the Virgin Island Sailaway in Jan 2004. We were on a fairly large catamaran and snorkeled at 2 different places. One was from the boat near Norman Island. There were caves your could enter - dh did but I didn't. (I think they may change snorkel spots depending on the weather.) The other snorkel spot was at a beach on a private island owned by an American dentist. There is a bar on the beach called Pirates. This is a protected spot - we saw rays, oodles of fish, 2 eels, 3 very large sea turtles. We really enjoyed this excursion.

In case you would like to look for this on a map, that would be Norman Island, the same island that the caves are on. Pirate's is located on the beach in an area called, The Bight. Island owner is Dr. Jarecki (sp?) I believe, I'm not sure of his citizenship.

Pictures and a map can be found here...http://www.normanisland.com/

mommybunny21 - my dh and I did the Virgin Island Sailaway in Jan 2004. We were on a fairly large catamaran and snorkeled at 2 different places. One was from the boat near Norman Island. There were caves your could enter - dh did but I didn't. (I think they may change snorkel spots depending on the weather.) The other snorkel spot was at a beach on a private island owned by an American dentist. There is a bar on the beach called Pirates. This is a protected spot - we saw rays, oodles of fish, 2 eels, 3 very large sea turtles. We really enjoyed this excursion.

tssace - How did you get back in the boat at the caves? Was there a flexible ladder or something more solid?

My DH and I did this excursion in Nov. 2006 and loved it. The crew was very professional and fun too! It was my first time snorkeling and they were helpful. We had maybe 20 on our excursion. I have only one word of caution......watch out for the rum punch this stuff wasn't the usual watered down variety.

Jodi

We just to this trip last Sunday from HAL's Maasdam. There were 7 of us in our group and a great time was had by all. We snorkeled off Norman Island (the caves) and then went to the beach where the pirates bar was located called the Bight. The rum punch was plentiful and potent! Thanks Clive and Jason for a memorable excursion!:p

Archived