Is there a downside to a front balcony?

cgoingmom

On our first Princess Cruise we had the most forward Caribe balcony. C101. Loved it. Sometimes it was quite windy but sure made some great pictures in our dresses out there while trying to hold them down! I loved it and would take it again but it only holds two people. Hopefully some other past cruisers will add some insight as well.

Gonna go cruising, thank you for your imput. I think it might be fun too.

My pleasure! It was my daughter and myself on spring break and it was a blast! Only one night was a "rockin roller"--the night we had to pack up! Quite fun and unforgettable. I know the entire ship was that way though and not just up front because we walked down the halls and were bouncing around like drunks.

Have a fabulous time!

On the CB the first balcony was a family mini suite. We had the one next to it D101 and never had a problem with wind and I talked to the people that were in that one and they said it was fine. This is July 2006 going to the Eastern Caribbean. I really enjoyed it as we were on the dredded dolphin deck and nobody was really above us. Never even had a cig. butt on the balcony.

Be aware that sometimes the forward facing balconies is locked off due to weather conditions.

And yes it can be extremley windy. :)

In 2004 we were upgraded to a suite Baja 104 on the Sapphire which was the 1st cabin in front. The balcony exit was on the portside but went all around to the front of the ship and while we were at sea they locked the door as it was so windy. Even at sea the balcony was of little use because of the wind. Personally I would never pay for that room but we were upgraded so dealt with it.:) If you look at a diagram of the Baja and Caribe decks you will see the front-facing balconies of the Sapphire/Diamond in black. That means the balcony door is locked because the wind is so bad. I know that because we had friends in one of those rooms and they could not go outside.

Marilyn

On the CB the first balcony was a family mini suite. We had the one next to it D101 and never had a problem with wind and I talked to the people that were in that one and they said it was fine. This is July 2006 going to the Eastern Caribbean. I really enjoyed it as we were on the dredded dolphin deck and nobody was really above us. Never even had a cig. butt on the balcony.

Cathy we have stayed in the family suite as well, but these are not the cabins that the OP is talking about.

Even the Family Suite is bad with wind when underway as there is no protection from the wind so you could imagine how those forward facing ones are much much worse.

I have video of my son standing out on the family suite balcony on the Star returning to FLL form Cozumel and it was unbelievable.

The cabins that the OP is talking about are directly in the front of the ship below the bridge. :)

There have been discussions on this board where the balcony has been off limits the entire cruise due to weather.

Cathy we have stayed in the family suite as well, but these are not the cabins that the OP is talking about.

Even the Family Suite is bad with wind when underway as there is no protection from the wind so you could imagine how those forward facing ones are much much worse.

I have video of my son standing out on the family suite balcony on the Star returning to FLL form Cozumel and it was unbelievable.

The cabins that the OP is talking about are directly in the front of the ship below the bridge. :)

There have been discussions on this board where the balcony has been off limits the entire cruise due to weather.

Sorry, shows how much I know. All I know is there was not much in front of us. Thanks for the info.

We are going on the Diamond to Mexico and were thinking about a front facing balcony. I imagin the wind would be bad while at sea. Can someone give me advice? Thank you.

Looks like I misunderstood your original question. I had the first forward balcony on the starboard side, not an actual forward facing one. Sorry.

Archived