Sawgrass Mills FLL

jackieo

Hi there we are on the Sea Princess in April and she is in Port Everglades for a day to drop off and pick up new passengers - we are staying on board to cruise back to Southampton. I was hoping this would be my opportunity for some retail therapy. Any idea how far this shopping mall is from the ship and also any info on getting taxis etc from the Port and back again would be great. Thanks in anticipation! JackieO

It's 11 miles west of the city. It is HUGE.

I only went there once, and it was a land vacation.....but

http://www.sawgrassmills.com

may be of some help........looks like there are some busses and some shuttle services.

There is a lot of info under "customer service"

On sunday, they open at 11.

hope that helps.......have fun.

Hi jackieo,

Princess offers a shore excursion to the mall and a coupon book. It seems expensive at $36.00 pp, but I don't know how much a taxi or shuttle would cost. It's just for people in transit on the Sea Princess and has to be booked onboard.

Here's the link:

http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdetail.jsp?shorexId=FLL-R

Have fun shopping!

we have been to Sawgrass many times while in FLL. It is really a long way from the port. Don't know how much a taxi would cost. Car rental for the day would not be a bad idea.

It is one straight road out Sunrise Blvd until you reach the mall. I know a previous post said 11 miles, but it is a good 45 minutes by way of car with traffic.

The mall is huge and has great savings. Good luck and happy shopping.

May want to call a limo company and see about a shopping trip pick up for the day. Get a group together.

I think that the $36 is a good deal. I saw one post that said it was $40 return from a hotel close to the post. It is a good 20 minute drive if I remember right. But fun shopping. There is an italian tie shop that my husband loves to go to visit.

It is one straight road out Sunrise Blvd until you reach the mall. I know a previous post said 11 miles, but it is a good 45 minutes by way of car with traffic.

Actually it's less then 20 minutes from Port Everglades to Saw Grass Mills. Sunrise Blvd a local road with dozens of traffic lights, not the best way or even the easiest way to get there from the port. The best route is the I-595 west to Flamingo Road. A short distance north on Flamingo to the entrance to the mall. :rolleyes:

Dd and I visited both pre and post cruise to Sawgrass. before was prior to Christmas I had found some super cruise clothing including a speedo bathing suit that I love.

Post Christmas the savings were even better.

DD travels extensively and she said that if we had shopped for one solid week she would still be searching for bargains.

We did have a rental car both times.

Linda

The price quoted of $36 return is a great price. You would not do it for that by cab. It is indeed only about 20 minutes away from the port/airport via I595/Flamingo N. The coupon book is something that is available free to everyone visiting the mall. It is quite large so you might wish to grab the online map and plot your course, picking out a few must-see's. I have never left that mall empty-handed :)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this - There are actually four of us travelling so I think the taxi may be a better route and of course we can come and go as we please rather than wait on a tour - I am also looking at the possibility of getting a car service for the day so we can go around the area as well and have seen Larrys limos recommended so thought it would be good to get a quote on that too. Jackie

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this - There are actually four of us travelling so I think the taxi may be a better route and of course we can come and go as we please rather than wait on a tour - I am also looking at the possibility of getting a car service for the day so we can go around the area as well and have seen Larrys limos recommended so thought it would be good to get a quote on that too. Jackie

As others have said, $36. is not a bad price. But with 4 people, you're right, a car service might be less than $144. and you'd be on your own schedule.

However, I wouldn't plan on seeing too many other sights. Sawgrass is huge and unless the 4 of you are not really shoppers, it's easy to spend a whole day there.

I'd recommend doing the sightseeing first and then going to SawGrass, otherwise you might have some fights between the 4 people with some who want to go and some who aren't finished with their shopping yet! ;)

Archived