How big of a problem is a forward cabin in rough waters?

samtig

We've always had mid-ship cabins on cruises except for the one coming up next month on the Sun to West. Car. I'm prone to motion sickness. If we're in rough seas how bad is it in a forward cabin on 10th deck? Already armed and ready with meclizine with dramamine backup but just curious to know others' experiences. Thanks.

Admidships is the best place, but you already knew that. A lot of people book those forward cabins, it can't be all that bad. If you are one of those weezy ones, start taking your meds before you board. The meds work wonders.

If the seas are calm, maybe you won't need your meds. Pray for good weather.

We usually cruise in Nov. or Dec. & usually hit some rough seas but meds usually work. Read on cc that seas tend to be a little calmer in Feb. unless there's a cold front of course. Different meds work better for different people but found on last cruise bonine works best for us. Were in rough seas for 3 days & did fine. Read on cc about generic meclizine & got 100 for $5.88 from druggist without prescription. Will supply all 6 of us going on next cruise. Learn a lot on cc. Actually looking forward to forward cabin cause it's something different than other cruises. Just put me on a ship regardless!

We were in BA cabin 0001 on deck 10 in November on the Sun. This is the forward-most balcony cabin, port side. We loved it. We have been in forward cabins before. We did not feel that much motion, but we are not relly bothered by motion very much. We never even took any of the ginger capsules we brought!

We've always had mid-ship cabins on cruises except for the one coming up next month on the Sun to West. Car. I'm prone to motion sickness. If we're in rough seas how bad is it in a forward cabin on 10th deck? Already armed and ready with meclizine with dramamine backup but just curious to know others' experiences. Thanks.

I'm very prone to sea sickness and found that starting the medication a day before cruising really helped. I also took 1/2 a pill in the morning and the other half at night and never felt sick.

Being in the front of the ship you will definetely feel the motion more, if prone to seasickness start taking your meds before getting on the ship. Also, another negative to the front of the ship is when they drop the anchor you will most definitely hear it.

At first we didn't notice a difference at all, but then we hit some really rough weather andmy son ended up getting sick, ten cruises and he has never vomited before, two seperate nights on this one he did. BUT I don''t know if location would have made much of a difference, the waves were so big people all looked drunk trying to walk down the hall banging off the walls. The view from the foward penthouse was well worth the bumpy ride!

We were in BA cabin 0001 on deck 10 in November on the Sun. This is the forward-most balcony cabin, port side. We loved it. We have been in forward cabins before. We did not feel that much motion, but we are not relly bothered by motion very much. We never even took any of the ginger capsules we brought!

Glad to hear it! Should be ok unless unusually high seas. We're in BA cabin 0006 on deck 10. Looking forward to a cabin in a different location. Did you hear the anchor drop? Read on cc that some newer ships do not actually drop anchor. Thanks!

I can remember back on my last cruise (not NCL) that at one port we had 15 foot seas, too high for the tenders so we had to go on to another port. We woke up because the seas were so rough and stayed in bed for about half an hour. For the first and only time on a cruise, I was almost seasick. Then magically everything was calm again, even though the seas hadn't changed! We found out later from a crew member that the stabilizers on the ship had had a problem and been shut down for that short time for maintenance.

Just goes to show you what a great job those stabilizers do!!

Teri

I can remember back on my last cruise (not NCL) that at one port we had 15 foot seas, too high for the tenders so we had to go on to another port. We woke up because the seas were so rough and stayed in bed for about half an hour. For the first and only time on a cruise, I was almost seasick. Then magically everything was calm again, even though the seas hadn't changed! We found out later from a crew member that the stabilizers on the ship had had a problem and been shut down for that short time for maintenance.

Just goes to show you what a great job those stabilizers do!!

Teri

Oh Boy...We will be on Deck 11 on the Jewel as far forward as you can get in the beginning of March. I hope we won't regret it. The last 2 cruises we were in the far aft at the end and we loved it. It was great sitting on the balcony watching the wake that seemed to be endless. This will be our first experience way up front ( and maybe our last) if we are rocking and reeling too much.

I almost fell over walking in the aft area when we had the really rough seas, we have never had seas like that before I would not worry, I don't think the front was that much worse that the rear they both get the same pitch it was just freakish weather we had

Glad to hear it! Should be ok unless unusually high seas. We're in BA cabin 0006 on deck 10. Looking forward to a cabin in a different location. Did you hear the anchor drop? Read on cc that some newer ships do not actually drop anchor. Thanks!

We did not notice the sound of the anchor enough to even comment upon it to each other.

My husband and I were in the Owners Suite on the Sun (Deck 11 maybe?) literally on the bow of the ship. Seas were like glass, but being high up and on the bow, we felt everything and did have to take some Bonine. No worries though - the Bonine worked like a charm and we enjoyed ourselves.

Sailing on the Jewel in April and have chosen a penthouse midship. We're interested in finding out if we notice a difference, but plan on bringing the Bonine just in case.

My husband and I were in the Owners Suite on the Sun (Deck 11 maybe?) literally on the bow of the ship. Seas were like glass, but being high up and on the bow, we felt everything and did have to take some Bonine. No worries though - the Bonine worked like a charm and we enjoyed ourselves.

Sailing on the Jewel in April and have chosen a penthouse midship. We're interested in finding out if we notice a difference, but plan on bringing the Bonine just in case.

Oh Boy...We will be on Deck 11 on the Jewel as far forward as you can get in the beginning of March. I hope we won't regret it. The last 2 cruises we were in the far aft at the end and we loved it. It was great sitting on the balcony watching the wake that seemed to be endless. This will be our first experience way up front ( and maybe our last) if we are rocking and reeling too much.

We want to try an aft cabin next time. Everyone keeps telling me the seas are better in Feb.-May than in Nov./Dec. So hopefully neither of us will have high seas. Should be a great view!

Archived