EU resident booking in US???

jonmar

My inlaws are thinking of coming with my wife and I on the April 2 Caribbean sailing. They live in Stockholm, Sweden. Can I make the booking for them from here through my travel agent, or are they doomed to book through Cunard UK and pay their much higher prices? Does Cunard monitor a passenger's address and with whick Cunard office they booked?

I believe that comment of "what they don't know" could be an expensive decision. I live in Europe and have attempted to book in the U.S.A. and each time have been told by both Cunard, Princess Etc and the TA's in the USA that I would be taking a considerable gamble in booking through the US agent even though I have relations there and could use their address for the booking as embarkation could be refused if it was established that I did not live there.

I think it is a persons individual decision as to wether they decide to go this way.

However it only appears to be Princess and Cunard that have this ruling and stating that you must be a US or Canadian citizen. (Typical of Carnival)

Hi

Can someone help me out here!

I'm UK resident but my partner is Amercian and is currently residing in the US - we are going from Southampton to NY in July and have made the booking in the US via a travel agent

Will I run into any problems?

Will I run into any problems?

My partner and I [uS citizens] booked a QM2 cruise in 2005. We were able to include our friend from Austria with our booking with no problems. The TA just needed her passport info.

Six of us (all US citizens) sailed the QE2 to the North Cape in Summer 2003, r/t Southampton. There was a distinct pricing advantage for cruise-only fares on the Cunard UK website, compared with Cunard's US pricing for the same cruise. Cunard UK would not book US citizens, and our US-based TA could not book using the UK fares from the US. We ultimately booked the cruise through an online TA based in Wales. We paid the UK prices on our credit card (charged in GBP, then converted by our bank to US$ on our credit card statement) and actually received a 3-category upgrade (from Cat. C-5 to Cat C-2) once our final payment was made. Everything was done over the Internet. The documents were sent by Cunard UK to the TA in Wales, who then send them by International Fed-X to us in the US. We had absolutely no problem boarding the ship, nor onboard. I would assume the reverse situation could be applicable (i.e. book your travel through a US-based TA, who will then send your documents to your home.)

Archived