Whats your Favorite Place for Dinner in Venice?

Venice Cruiser,

I've stayed in Venice several times. Every time we go we eat at least once at La Zucca. No only is the location good, alongside a canal with tables outside, but the food and wine are excellent at reasonable (for Venice) prices. We book a table from home before we travel.

We were recommended by a Swiss Italian friend whose cousin was working there. It's a restaurant for locals, not one that targets tourists, although the staff speak good English. Although not a vegetarian restaurant, it can also provide for those who don't eat meat.

Try googling - you'll find lots of highly favourable reviews.

The full details are:

Osteria La Zucca, Campo San Giacomo dell'Orio, Santa Croce 1762, Venezia. Tel 041 5241520.

Be warned, it's a bit off the usual tourist routes, although just about everywhere is in walking distance, and can be a little hard to find.

Paul S

This subject is discussed a lot over on the TripAdvisor.com message boards. There are at least a dozen threads w/ good recommendations from posters on the Venice boards:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187870-i57-Venice_Veneto.html

They also have reviews on dining & hotels:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187870-s501/Venice:Italy:Dining.Overview.html

The Hotel Daneli on the Roof top terrace is probably the most romantic place I have ever eaten. We celebrated a big birthday of mine there and the food was some of the best I've ever had. We had Branzino (Sea Bass) for two - a meal I will never forget - overlooking the Grand Canal. You could not go wrong. We are real foodies. Service was perfection. All that being said, it was a very pricey.

The Hotel Daneli on the Roof top terrace is probably the most romantic place I have ever eaten. We celebrated a big birthday of mine there and the food was some of the best I've ever had. We had Branzino (Sea Bass) for two - a meal I will never forget - overlooking the Grand Canal. You could not go wrong. We are real foodies. Service was perfection. All that being said, it was a very pricey.

The spelling is different, but is this the place?

http://www.danieli.hotelinvenice.com/main_en.htm?source=

Archived