2 Tampa Questions-Transfer or Taxi & How TO Rent a Car From Port

How far is it from Tampa airport to the pier. There are 4 of us with luggage...is it better to use cruise transfers or take a taxi? Also, when we return from our cruise, is there any way to rent a car at the Tampa port and return it to the airport a couple of days later. Any help would be appreciated - thank you!:)

The trip from the airport to the port is only about 15 minutes or so. I would probably say a cab is not that much, but I have never done it (since I live only minutes from the port).

As for rental cars, there is a Hertz office near the port in Channelside. Go to the hertz website and do a location search for tampa and you will see it.

For port info, here is there official site

Tampa Port

I'm actually sailing out of Tampa on the 10th on the Legend, and I have been researching this. The RCI transfer is $36 per person round trip. There is a shuttle company that is $11 per person one way(but it makes a few stops from what they told me). Taxis are approximately $20-$25 per trip from what I've found. Hope that helps!

How far is it from Tampa airport to the pier. There are 4 of us with luggage...is it better to use cruise transfers or take a taxi? Also, when we return from our cruise, is there any way to rent a car at the Tampa port and return it to the airport a couple of days later. Any help would be appreciated - thank you!:)

I am renting a car after my cruise returns to Ft. Lauderdale. I did not know they had a rental place near the cruise terminal so I rented it from the FLL airport. Later I found out Budget had a place near the cruise terminal. I rented it there, and it was $85 cheaper than renting it at the airport. Not sure if that holds true in Tampa, but I was pleasantly surprised at the price difference.

Last year I reserved a van for 5 of us from Dollar Rental. We pick it up at the Tampa airport and dropped it off at their Spruce Street (about a half mile from Best Western Westshore I think)office near Tampa. They shuttled us to the port at no charge. I found a coupon code and the cost was $50.00 including tax. After the cruise the shuttle picked us up at port and took us back to Spruce street where we rented a van for two more days and dropped it off at the airport before flying home.

Archived