laundromats on Jewel of the Seas

smw0621

I think I've read that there aren't any laundromats we can use on the Jewel. Is this true? I know there were a few small one's on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

As far as I know - there are no self serve laundromats on any of RCI's ships.

I think I've read that there aren't any laundromats we can use on the Jewel. Is this true? I know there were a few small one's on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago.

No laundermats, irons or ironing boards on any Royal Caribbean ship. They also request that you not bring an iron on board with you since it is considered a fire hazard.

Princess & Carnival have them; Royal Caribbean DOES NOT.

Here's a link to the laundry prices:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/onboardExtrasFaq.do;jsessionid=0000gIUNfWwoFXm2QMfbYFxBstw:10ktmf1jr

Does anyone know if they offer any laundry "specials" anytime during the week? For instance, Carnival once provided a bag and had something like a "anything you can fit in this bag washed/folded for a flat $20" or something similar to that.

Just curious. Hoping to have them do a little of my laundry during an 11 night :)

on www.rccl.com which answers every question a new cruiser could have.

The laundry price list is there (which starts at $1.20 per underpant so not inexpensive).

You could also bring a small container of detergent & rinse out clothes to wear again, hanging them on the shower line to dry as you sleep.

I managed 13 days on our Alaska cruise/tour with out needing to do laundry.

Though what ticks me off is looking over the cost for cleaning and they charge more to wash or dry clean a woman's blouse than they do for a man's dress shirt.

No it's not a real significant amount but I refuse to use any dry cleaner that discriminates when I am at home. They're the same basic design and it always takes me longer to iron my husband's shirts than my blouses since they are bigger.

OK that's all for my tiraide.

I'm always surprised by the number of people who still want to do laundry while on vacation. If I see a laundry room on a cruise ship, I'm running in the opposite direction!!

Heck, I run in the opposite direction when I'm at home!:p

Though what ticks me off is looking over the cost for cleaning and they charge more to wash or dry clean a woman's blouse than they do for a man's dress shirt.

No it's not a real significant amount but I refuse to use any dry cleaner that discriminates when I am at home. They're the same basic design and it always takes me longer to iron my husband's shirts than my blouses since they are bigger.

OK that's all for my tiraide.

I've found this to be the case at our small town drycleaners for YEARS, and yes, it's ALWAYS ticked me off too!!! :mad:

And actually, our difference is what I would call significant. Man's shirt $2.25; woman's blouse $5.25. Highway robbery without a gun. ;)

Archived