Leaving on AOS on 1-28-Do you want me to post LIVE?

cme4ltc

I have lived on these boards since booking this cruise (Sept, 07). I really enjoyed byreallylow's reports. Would you be interested in live postings? If so, shoot me your questions before I leave so I can reply quicker. As I have read here, the internet can be slooooooooooooooooow, so it would be helpful to have the questions printed out prior to our sailing. I will do my very best to answer each and every question that is asked.

Thanks to the information I have learned from the boards:1- drink in moderation (merimom's daughters experience!) 2: wash your hands, then wash them again! 3: expect all kinds of people on your ship, go with the flow. If not, it could be your fault for a bad experience, after all, if you can't beat them, join them:D 4. Be kind to the crew, this is not a vacation for them, but most crew act like you are the 1st person they have served!5: Don't hold pool chairs for 1/2 day ( or at least move the stuff around every hour or so!)6: Wash your hands even more than your mother told you to do! 7: Have Fun, it is after all your vacation. If you let the little things stand in the way of a fantastic vacation, well let's just say I hope you aren't sailing with us.

This sailing is just me and my sister celebrating her 50th birthday. We have only sailed once before together 12 years ago. Let's just say it was an old ship, bad food, good ports and we still smile about that experience. Now we are ready for our AOS and nothing short of the dreaded norovirous will ruin it for us. We have already discussed if we do get sick, well, we will just have to plan another cruise. Stuff happens, it just your attitude that determines how it all turns out.

If you are sailing with us, PLEASE register for the m&m. We are 5 short of getting our get together.

Happy sailings to all:)

Terri

Terrie- Of course, I would love to read your live posts, as we're going in June and would love a first hand account. But the internet is expensive so I can wait till you get home. Please take notes though and let us hear all the wonderful things....have a great time!! ;)

Thank you for offering to post live. A couple of questions:

Who is the cruise director? Richard Spacey finished his last sailing this past Sunday, and no one has any info about the new c.d.

What is the best night to book Portofino's?

Once you come back, I would appreciate your posting info about the excursions that you enjoyed most, and ones that you would possibly not do again.

Thanks again.

Are you on the Aruba route? If so, I'd love to hear which nights are which menus (i.e., Tuesday is Caribbean night or whatever)

Can you tell me how the crowds are for boarding around 3-4pm?

Thanks, can't wait!!!

Since I will be taking my laptop with me, it shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to post. This is why I ask you all to submit your questions here. I can compose mail offline, answer your questions and hit send! So keep em' coming:p

Terri

If you hear of anyone who did the Harley trip in Aruba I would love details. Do you need to wear pants, Was it really hot, How was traffic. Also what other excursions do you hear about from other people. good/bad

Have a wonderful time. We are going March 25th

If you hear of anyone who did the Harley trip in Aruba I would love details. Do you need to wear pants, Was it really hot, How was traffic. Also what other excursions do you hear about from other people. good/bad

Have a wonderful time. We are going March 25th

wow...thanks for the offer:

would love to hear about the menus

How is the weather at the various locations?

What time were you able to get on board?

Anything else you'd like to share :)

any and all information will be great. I leave on Mar 18th. Please find out how long the ice show lasts as I am trying to decide whether to go to portfino's on the same evening. Have a great time and please give us any details on the excursions you take.

Thanks

will be on the Jan. 28th sailing...

I have been soooooooooooo frustrated about not being able to look at menus that I plan (and hope to carry out) on taking photos of the menus...I will post those on here after I get back from the cruise.

Cottagemama-

The ice show lasts exactly one hour. We did Portofinos the same night since it was a sea day so we didnt have to worry about getting back from an excursion. We saw the ice show at 5:00 and ate at Portofino's at 8:00. The ice show is on Tuesday and Thursday. We did everything on Thursday which is the second sea day.

will be on the Jan. 28th sailing...

I have been soooooooooooo frustrated about not being able to look at menus that I plan (and hope to carry out) on taking photos of the menus...I will post those on here after I get back from the cruise.

Great! I'm dying to know if I can get steak at Portofino. I've heard conflicting things and am not sure if its on the menu. If its not, you think I can order off the menu?

Most Recent Menus:

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

Someone else on here mentioned they were fleet-wide now. Maybe cme4ltc can confirm these are the ones in use on AOS.

On another note, I thought of another question - what exactly does RCCL provide in the stateroom, as far as toiletries go? Shampoo, body wash, conditioner, etc...

Thanks!

To answer the above questions, since we just got off the AOS this week, yes Portofino's does have steak. My husband ordered it and he said it was so soft and delicious.

Also the cabins have a shampoo dispenser in the shower. No conditioner or body wash.

Great! I'm dying to know if I can get steak at Portofino. I've heard conflicting things and am not sure if its on the menu. If its not, you think I can order off the menu?

I had filet Mignon at Portofino's on the Radiance in November and it was absolutely delicious! Cooked to perfection :)

To answer the above questions, since we just got off the AOS this week, yes Portofino's does have steak. My husband ordered it and he said it was so soft and delicious.

Also the cabins have a shampoo dispenser in the shower. No conditioner or body wash.

Unless you are sailing in a suite :D Although some have said that Junior suites are not getting the same amenities as GS and above. Can anyone confirm that?

chaswelf, I have never taken my computer on a cruise before, but this one is different. My sister is leaving her family behind so we thought it would be a good way to stay connected (no cell phones this trip!) Also, I really looked forward to the update from byreallylow and thought others did too.

MRSd2fan: Did you register for the Meet & Mingle? We need 5 more!

Most Recent Menus:

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

Someone else on here mentioned they were fleet-wide now. Maybe cme4ltc can confirm these are the ones in use on AOS.Thanks!

Thank you for the link. We are on the same 28th sailing, first time on Royal Caribbean. If it weren't for this board, we'd be very uninformed.

chaswelf, I have never taken my computer on a cruise before, but this one is different. My sister is leaving her family behind so we thought it would be a good way to stay connected (no cell phones this trip!) Also, I really looked forward to the update from byreallylow and thought others did too.

MRSd2fan: Did you register for the Meet & Mingle? We need 5 more!

we are also on the 3-18 saling and very much looking forward to our turn on the adventure...getting the live scoop would be tremendous but if it becomes an issue then no...as long as it doesn't become a hassle...

Archived