What do you do with your towel animals?

gomomgo

ever did towel animals for us. We were so excited to come back to our room the first night on our Celebrity cruise to find a towel animal! We took pictures every night and then used them. The night they leave the tip envelopes, we had a dog sitting on it's hind legs with it's front legs holding the tip envelopes! TOO CUTE!! Our cabin steward got a kick out of watching us run to our cabin at night to see what towel animal he left us! He also got a really nice tip from us - for the animals as well as all his hard work!

Our kids loved the pictures of our towel animals, so our cabin steward better be up on his towel animal skills or our kids will be really disappointed in April!:)

ever did towel animals for us. We were so excited to come back to our room the first night on our Celebrity cruise to find a towel animal! We took pictures every night and then used them. The night they leave the tip envelopes, we had a dog sitting on it's hind legs with it's front legs holding the tip envelopes! TOO CUTE!! Our cabin steward got a kick out of watching us run to our cabin at night to see what towel animal he left us! He also got a really nice tip from us - for the animals as well as all his hard work!

Our kids loved the pictures of our towel animals, so our cabin steward better be up on his towel animal skills or our kids will be really disappointed in April!:)

How neat!

• 2 weeks later...

We always try to save ours as long as possible but sometimes they escape.

We have taken the towel class on CCL several times and always have fun with it. It definately makes you appreciate the art!

In January 2009 we did not have a towel animal until the last night and we were so disappointed. We never saw our room steward. When we went to the towel class the room steward in charge of showing how to make the animals came up to us and introduced himself and knew our names. He was our room steward. (We then understood why we never saw him - he was too busy taking care of all the other cabins and making sure they had towel animals!) Our last night on board we had several towel animals - including the ones we made in class! He had saved them for us! You could definately tell his from ours!

This is very cute! Our first and only cruise (so far!) was on the Caribbean Princess last year and I was disappointed to not get the towel animals! A friend told me later that Princess didn't do them :confused:

We were on the Golden Princess Nov 2007 and had one every night.

We set our each night on the table and at the end had a picture of our whole towel animal farm

... Another thing we did when we were in an Oceanview, was that we put them in the window and took a photo from the port to tell us where our room was...

Great ideas! I take a picture, but the next night it's replaced by a new animal. Next cruise I'll have to leave a note for the room steward to save them for my farm in the window! ;)

I loved the towel animals and also took photos of them. You can use them because those are your towels to use. DON'T take them home!

I ended up buying 2 DVDs on how to make them from an online store and now I can make my own. There were a couple towel folding animals on the last cruise that I didn't know what in the world they were. The ones I learned how to make all look like what they are supposed to. Here is a link to the photo gallery on the DVD site of the ones I was able to learn

http://www.foldingmagic.com/photos.html . I haven't made the skunk yet because I don't have black towels. ... yet. I also haven't made the wedding cake because I haven't been to a wedding or shower since the DVDs arrived.

My grandkids like the ones I make. I put them on their bed before they arrive. I don't know if I should make them all the time because they always want to spend the night. Grandma needs some rest!!!

Please post your photos so I can see more towel animals.

I loved the towel animals and also took photos of them. You can use them because those are your towels to use. DON'T take them home!

I ended up buying 2 DVDs on how to make them from an online store and now I can make my own. There were a couple towel folding animals on the last cruise that I didn't know what in the world they were. The ones I learned how to make all look like what they are supposed to. Here is a link to the photo gallery on the DVD site of the ones I was able to learn

http://www.foldingmagic.com/photos.html . I haven't made the skunk yet because I don't have black towels. ... yet. I also haven't made the wedding cake because I haven't been to a wedding or shower since the DVDs arrived.

My grandkids like the ones I make. I put them on their bed before they arrive. I don't know if I should make them all the time because they always want to spend the night. Grandma needs some rest!!!

Please post your photos so I can see more towel animals.

Thank you for providing this information. I am going to order one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I take a picture of the first one and keep it up. then i take a picture with the 1st and 2nd nights animals and so on. If you leave sunglasses on they will probably put them on the animal. Also I left two stuffed animal monkeys out and they put the towel animals arms around them. they usually have pretty good sense of humor!

I take a picture of the first one and keep it up. then i take a picture with the 1st and 2nd nights animals and so on. If you leave sunglasses on they will probably put them on the animal. Also I left two stuffed animal monkeys out and they put the towel animals arms around them. they usually have pretty good sense of humor!

We took our Bahama cruise on DCL Wonder that left on Easter day several years ago. The second night, the steward took our little stuffed bunnies that the "Easter Bunny" had left in our hotel room and also took my sister and my photo fun friends (action figures to take pictures of) and created a "battle scene" between the bunnies and the figurines (we had Star Wars figures with light sabers), with the towel animal watching. It was too cute.

Archived