Questions about the Sun Princess

geocruiser

Hi,

I have some questions about the Sun Princess. I would like to know what the Horizon Court is? On the ship's deck plan I see it is near the buffet but then I also see that there is a dance floor close by. Also, what type of coffees are free and where can you get them. The Patisserie had coffee on the Crown Princess. Is it the same on the Sun? Is there a charge for it there?
Thank you ,

Geo

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS]The Horizon Court on Sun Princess is the buffet, but there is also a dance floor and usually a combo performing in the evenings…dinner at Horizon Court, especially during the bistro hours, can almost have a supper club feel to it. There is also a full bar in Horizon Court on the Sun Class ships.[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]During one of my Alaska excursions, the Cruise Staff put on what I thought was probably the best 50s party I had attended at Horizon Court.[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]I think all but specialty coffees are free (think cappuccino). You can get specialty coffees in the dining rooms and also at the Patisserie. The Patisserie also has pastries and snacks during the day. I believe they also serve fresh brewed regular coffee there and I don’t think there’s a price on it.[/font]

[/size]

Yes, you can get food 24 hours a day at the Horizon Court. It is a dinner buffet from around 5:30 to 10 pm, then it switches to what is called the Bistro, with just a few items out (desserts, salads) and but you can order several items (think sandwiches and omelets) all night long from a menu until breakfast is served the next morning.

I don't ever recall entertainment of any kind, a band or dancing in the Horizon Court in the evenings. In fact, there was a grand piano on that "dance" floor, but I don't recall ever seeing it played.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS]The Bistro is – or at least it was last time I was on board in March – open from 11:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. and had a full Bistro menu. They section off a part of Horizon Court and wait staff serves the Bistro menu. Grilled chicken, steak, pastas, salads and such. My latest Cruise Answer Book – which I got a month ago – indicates it’s still available on all Princess ships.[/font]
[/size][/font]

I thought when we were on the Tahitian Princess last year we had free cappuccino's in the main dinning room for dinner.

On the Carnival Victory they had free cappuccino's in the dinning room.

This is a nice touch, especially since most of the coffee on some of the ships taste like dirty socks IMO.

Do you know if you can get regular coffee at The Patisserie for no charge?

We were told on Celebrity Mercury you could do this, but this was not true when we were on the 5/29/04 cruise.

It was a shame because it would have been a nice place to sit and have coffee instead of always at the buffet.

Can someone answer question on ice cream does the Sun have the soft ice cream for free?

I thought I read on one of the threads that they charge.

We sail on the Sun October 23 to the Eastern Caribbean. This will be our 3rd cruise with Princess. Looking forward to it.

We have never tried the PC dinning so this will be something new for us too.

Thanks for the information.

Hi,

Thanks for all the info. Its been since 2001 that I have been on Princess. We were on Hal this past Feb and they had coffee, cappuccino and another coffee for free all day long at their coffee bar by the movie. So, I just thought Princess might have done the same since I was on her last.

Geo

I used to order free cappucinos with each meal in the dining room, but I understand that Princess now charges for them. I've heard that from recent cruisers on other cruise boards.

Shar

Archived