Short Maasdan 4 Jan 07 Review

mick70

Embarkation: Left Hotel @ 1130 eating lunch in the Lido @ 1215 "SO Fast"

Stateroom: Outstanding (but we did have a suite) Mada out steward was just great!!

Nepune Lounge: Worth every $ spent on having a Suite. Diana was our concierge a real wonderful person, this was her last cruise for a while she had allready been extended 2 months already so she was lookin forward to going home for a while.

Dining: I lot has been said about this in the past, but by far this was the very best for us (10th HAL cruise). I could not find one neg. thing to say about ANYTHING in the dining room!

Shows: Very good.

Spa: Used the Thermal suite everyday, great to get the whole cruise pricing.

Disembarkation: Getting off the ship no problem, but what a mess having 14 cruise ships in port at one time. It took us 2 hours to get to our hotel that was 15mins away at the best. However this is just the way it is and I did get to see the football playoff (poor Seahawks).

This was out best cruise ever any why you ask, it is because of the

CREW!!!

I will add more as others have their say.

(hi Alan)

We were on that cruise, as well. It was outstanding! We got to the ship at 11;30 and were at the Lido enjoying lunch WELL before 12 noon!

I won't say too much prior to the poster 1 review, but I must say this ship had by far, the MOST comforable bedding/linen I've ever had on a cruise.

The only critique I made on the survey was that it would have been nice if the Lido pool/hot tubs were open 24/7 (pool closes at 6PM, hot tubs 10PM)

and my only complaint (Didn't know this until we got to the airport) was that inspite of all the signs in stores in St Thomas that say "All liquour is packed in boxes that are approved as check luggage by the airines" IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!! The "shopping guide" or whatever the exact title for this person is, should have been aware of this and advised passengers accordingly. We "repacked" right there in the checkin line and "found" room in the luggage, but ended up having to pay of overweigthluggage, but the folks inback of us were less forturante and had to leave their liquor purchase behind!

The cost of the Thermal suite for the 10 day cruise was $250.00 for two. Have a wonderful cruise we sure did!!!

What did this entitle you to? Were daily massages included, etc? I looked on the HAL website but could not get any clarification...

Thanks

Dave

Hmmm.....I didn't use it, but someone in our group did (for a day) and I could havw sworn she said it was $20 for the day, but that wouldn't make sense as one would think a pass for the entire cruise would be less per diem, than the daily.

• 2 weeks later...

What cabin did you have? We booked a suite on the Maasdam and yes you are right it is worth the extra $ for use of the Neptune lounge. When we were on the"O"we had a suite. Plus all the extras and a comfortable room and balcany. How was the thermal suite?

Glad you had a good time

Archived