What price should we book airfare from Chicago to Orlando?

vesw01

That's a decent price. You may be able to get a special in the next couple of months, but then you run the risk of not being able to get all 8 on the same flight, and/or a limit of amount of tickets at a sale price. I would book anything around or under $220. Sometimes prices do break for after Labor Day, but before Labor Day, you may get a charter. Horse a piece.

Where are you located? While $220 isn't a bad price, it might be worth it to check fares out of Milwaukee. I once saved $900 by choosing MKE over O'Hare! Now that I live in the city, it's just as convenient for me to fly out of Midway as it is to fly out of O'Hare, and I do it whenever I can. Great rates, and much more reliable than O'Hare. You can't book SW for Sept now (can only book through May), but I'd think you could get RT to Orlando for less than $220.

We fly from Chicago as well... We look at the price and the flight and decide that way. If it is a really good time and direct flight both ways and under 225 per ticket, we jump at it.

I realize that you have 8 tickets to purchase, but decide what is most important... timing, non-stop or one or two stops ( this effects us more in the winter... as we dont want to get stuck on the east coast in a snowstorm). Or if price is your major concern... then wait it out a bit and check around with all the airlines to see where the trend it going. It also helps to check to see how full the flights are that you are looking at.. the fewer the seats, the more problems you will have.

Where are you located? While $220 isn't a bad price, it might be worth it to check fares out of Milwaukee. I once saved $900 by choosing MKE over O'Hare! Now that I live in the city, it's just as convenient for me to fly out of Midway as it is to fly out of O'Hare, and I do it whenever I can. Great rates, and much more reliable than O'Hare. You can't book SW for Sept now (can only book through May), but I'd think you could get RT to Orlando for less than $220.

Chigirl is right -- depending on where in the Chicago area you live, you should consider Milwaukee; we've from there before and saved money, plus Midwest Airlines is a great airline to fly on (who would have thought?!), and going in and out of Milwaukee is less of a hassle than O'Hare. Last year, however, we did better booking on American out of O'Hare (I think we paid $173 round trip, non-stop to Orlando) so we went that way. My dad flys in and out of Rockford -- can't remember the airline. Free parking there, but flights aren't as frequent -- I don't even think they have flights every day, but no biggie for him since he's retired. Worth checking into though.

We still haven't booked our flights and we're going in June. Need to do that this week!

If you are planning to fly out of Ohare, American Airlines has flights for those dates right now for $184, which I think is great.

If you want to fly out of Midway, both Southwest and AirTran typically have flights for around $92 one-way per person, although neither of them is booking that far out.

I'm not sure where you are in near Chicago.... Is Rockford Airport close? Allegiant Air generally has flights for about $76 each way, they don't book that far out either. The airport in Rockford is smaller and easier to navigate than either OHare or Midway and offers free parking, which I think is a pretty big perk.

Good luck and have a great trip! :)

$220 isn't a bad fare.

We always book Jet Blue when we can because if prices go down, JetBlue will credit your account with them the difference that can be used on a future flight.

Check out this website- http://www.kayak.com. They will compare prices for you so you can see who has the cheapest prices right now.

I'd take the $220, especially because of the size of yor group. Although, if you're willing to come to MKE, Midwest really is a great airline to fly on-two across leather seats and COOKIES! We typically go to Chicago for trips we take with my sister and BIL (they live in Plainfield) and fly from O'Hare. This time, we were able to get a better deal on Midwest and they're coming up here to fly out with us. I think we paid $150/RT for a nonstop from MKE to Orlando nest month. We booked in August, 2006.

We actually live right near Rockford, so any airport would be great. Allegiant would be our preference, but they don't fly on Saturdays and the Sunday flight is too early - we wouldn't make if from the cruise ship in time (we sail from Port Canaveral). My parents love flying Southwest - not sure when they start offering seats - we could really do any of the airports - we are sort of in the middle of all of them.

Archived