Teen with Broken Arm

SL HomeschoolMom

My son fell off his bike 2 weeks ago and has had 2 surgeries to try to fix his broken arm/nerve damage. The cast may or may not still be on for the cruise (and it's a big plaster one!).

My question is, would it be OK for him in the dining room on formal nights to just wear a short-sleeved dress shirt & tie (I can just get his dad's XL dress shirt over the cast). He would normally be wearing a suit because we all like to dress up, but there's no way one would fit. I'm thinking that would look better than a suit jacket draped over his shoulder?

Thanks

He will be fine without! If he is uncomfortable without though, you could always buy a suit jacket or blue blazer at a second hand store, and split the sleeve. It certainly would not bother me to see someone in a cast without a jacket! Hope his recovery is speedy and without complications!

Your son, with a shirt and tie is going to be dressed better than 20 - 25% of the adult males. Remember it is a suggested dress, not a requirement, and he certainly has an acceptable explanation for not wearing a jacket.

He'll be fine mom. And remember that if you catch older couples looking at him and making comments to each other it's probably because seeing your son is bringing back memories of the goofy stuff their own kids used to do that sent them to the emergency room. :) I know my DH and I would admire your son for toughing it out and even attempting to get dressed up!

Archived