What would you do?

serfergurl

I will be on the CB on March 4th - travelling with a friend. I am also looking at the CB for March 2008 for cruise with DH and DS. I have found a good price with an online TA for the room that my DH and I want (aft balcony for 3 people - of which there are few), but there is no OBC. Initially I intended to buy FCC's while I was on the CB this year and book shortly after to take advantage of the low deposit and the OBC. Im wondering if I should just book now to get the room we want, pay the higher deposit, and not get any OBC. Im just looking for a little advice.

Thanks.

JMO, but I agree with willysgrandma. Wait until your March cruise this year and book a future cruise. It is possible that the cabin you want will be gone but, IMO, I'd take the chance for the lower pp deposit and the OBC.

I think it just depends on how much you want the aft 3 person balcony :) !

If you will be disappointed if you do not get this cabin, book it now and forgo the credit.

If it's not that big of a deal to you, wait and see.

Another thought is to present this dilemna to the travel agent - it is possible that she will give you an equivalent credit if you book with her now. A confirmed booking always beats a "I'll think about it and get back to you" - the percentage of "get back to yous" is very low.

If you will be disappointed if you do not get this cabin, book it now and forgo the credit.

Another thought is to present this dilemna to the travel agent - it is possible that she will give you an equivalent credit if you book with her now. A confirmed booking always beats a "I'll think about it and get back to you" - the percentage of "get back to yous" is very low.

This is what I would do too.:D

This is what I would do too.:D

The only real difference in your options is the OBC vs having the cabin that you want.

While the initial deposit would be higher, the final cost of the cruise is the same. As long as you aren't paying interest on the deposit money (like making credit card payments at 15% or higher:eek: ) then it's money that will come from savings. You will be out some interest.

As you stated, there are a few aft balconies for 3. If that's what you really want, I would go for it now. OTOH if the balcony is something that you want to do but could live without, wait for the cruise.

Charlie

Thanks for all your great responses. Thank you 98Charlie for putting it into perspective for me, you're right, it does come down to Room vs. OBC, and since the room is much more important to me than the OBC, and there are only 4 aft rooms with balconys that will accomodate 3 people on this ship I don't think it woul be wise to wait just to get a little OBC. I will still buy those FCC's for another time though!!

Thanks again for all your responses, you were a great help.

Happy cruising!!!!

Archived