Rotterdam verandah suites

brag

My wife and I are booked on the Rotterdam for an April 20 sailing from Lisbon to Athens. This is our first cruise with HAL. We have booked a verandah suite and would like some information concerning the verandah. From the pictures that I have been able to see, I cannot tell if the verandahs are private. In some pictures, it appears that they are open to the verandahs on either side. We would prefer to have some privacy there. If it matters, we have an A class suite on the verandah deck.

Thanks,

Brag

Welcome to the HAL board. We have been on the Rotterdam 60+ days and all of them in B and A cabins. The A is actually a mini-suite and does not include full suite privileges. Were were in 6208, 6174 and 6148. 3 of these trips were transatlantic and one was a New England/Canada.

The verandas are private and covered. They are large enough to have a chaise lounge, small table and 2 chairs with room to walk around. There is much storage space inside including a mirrored dresser/desk with 9 deep drawers, drawers under the bed, 4 closets with folding shelves to make them full length, one mirrored, and one with tie rack and safe. There are self-serve laundries on each passenger deck but we chose the laundry package for the entire cruise (price depends on length of cruise). Our 35 day ran about $180 for unlimited laundry in 2004.

The bathrooms have whirlpool tubs and a separate medicine chest as well as a shelf under the vanity sink.

We love the Rotterdam and hope you will too.

GN

Granny,

Thanks for the great help. In addition to my question, you have provided additional information that will be very helpful.

We are very excited about the curise and expect to have a great time. I am recently retired and this is our first really great vacation. Hopefully, many more to come.

Thanks again,

Brag

Hi Brag and Sueleeky,

If you want to see the pix of Rotterdam and our transatlantic trip do a search on this board for Rotterdam 2004 transatlantic, it will give you a link to our webshots albums for Europe.

The Rotterdam is the co-flagship of the fleet along with Amsterdam. She has an ambiance that is more refined than the larger Vista ships. She has a truly classic ocean liner feel rather than a floating resort. I envy you Sue, sailing across from Rio. We've done the North Atlantic and won't go the southern route until next fall's sailing from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale on the Westerdam. Enjoy your loong trip, our 35 day Rt from and back to NY was our favorite cruise by far.

If you have any specific questions about the ship or HAL in general please ask. HAL does Europe very very well. We especially liked the flagship forum which is now called enrichment. It is a far cry from the old port shopping talks.

GN

Brag,

We were in a suite on the Rotterdam 04, our cruise ended in Athens, how fun!! The suites on the Navigation deck are very spacious, very nice, your balcony is very private and big!!! Have a wonderful time, the Rotterdam is a beautiful ship.

I would suggest ordering the bath robes with your his and her monogram, very nice.

Archived