Granduer question

JMOD

Has anyone heard which restaurant they will be putting in the Grandeur, while in drydock (Portofinos or Chops)? And, will they also be adding a Johnny Rockets? We have coupons to use on our 6/15/07 trip and I want to start dreaming about the type of food they will be serving.

Thanks,:)

I guess a lot of that will be determined by whether or not she gets stretched:( On cruise in Sept. CD indicated that there were no plans to stretch her because the EOS hadn't paid of like they hoped. Since then I've heard she's being stretched, she's not being stretched, she's being stretched....... :p

the recent letter i got from RCI regarding the improvements to the Majesty ended with a reference to a "stretch" of another ship. Dont know which other they could be referring to but Grandeur???:confused:

Could that be a reference to the previous stretching of Enchantment or did the letter indicate a future stretching of a another ship?

Edited to add the following:

I just googled "Grandeur" and "stretching" and this came up, updated today:

http://www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20060019150154ships.html

Last year we were still hearing that Grandeur was scheduled for stretching in 2009 (if memory serves - I might have the year wrong) but then people reported that the skipper had told them that the stretch had been canceled.

I did see on one thread that the Windjammer will be redone during the 2007 refurbishing, along with finishing other refurbishing that's been going on at sea, and the eagerly awaited new bedding. :D

I understand that the rudder will be fixed as well as the dent during the drydocking.

The current captain of the Grandeur expressed skepticism of it being stretched, as well, because of the cost/profit issue. He also said that Grandeur is the only other Vision-class ship that could be stretched because of its build.
That is what I heard. Grandeur was built from front to back, and the others in its class from side to side. So, cutting in half annd adding a section is possible (but not probable) at this point.

We booked Granduer for April 2008 in November onboard Explorer. We had inquired about whether Granduer was going to be stretched like Enchantment and were told that it was not going to be done. The rep told us that the ventalation system was installed differently on Granduer and it would be extremely diffulcult to stretch her. Don't know if that is true or not but that is what we were told. We were hoping she would be as our kids are very spoiled and we don't know if there going to like a smaller ship but we couldn't beat the price.

Don't tell your kids it's a smaller ship and they might not know the difference. We sailed the Brilliance twice (90,000 tons), then down to the Grandeur (74,000 tons), then to Majesty (73,000 tons) and coming up Empress (48,500 tons). Ok, we're not kids. But with us, size does not matter. We had as much fun on the Majesty as the Brilliance. OK, some bells and whistles are lacking, but the excitement and fun of a cruise is still very much there.

Rick and Deirdra

To chime in with the above, they're refurbing the Windjammer, and some of the other public areas, repairing the dent and the starboard rudder, but not adding anything during the drydock in April '07. They were talking about the stretch in April '08, but according to Captain Admarker, they haven't funded or contracted the stretch. Grandeur is a Vision class ship, but they built the Vision class in three subsets. Grandeur and Enchantment are true sisters and physically different from the other four, not to mention built in Finland vice France (like the other 4). Hope that helps.

Archived