Hey Pirate13

Brave Dasher

It sounds like you have spent a lot of time in the BVI. If you were on a cruise ship that arrives at Road Town at noon and leaves at 10 p.m. on a Wednesday, what would you do? We loves beaches, bars and music.

Thanks for all the information you have given everyone--it helps a lot!

We have been going to the BVI for about 8 years, mostly renting cottages or villas on Tortola but also have done a couple of bareboat charters with friends. Will be back there April 25th for ten days in a villa on Apple Bay. :cool:

With your time frame and your list of likes, I would head to Cane Garden Bay. Everything you listed is there, the beach, great bars and the BVI's premier musician, Quito Rhymer at Quito's Gazebo. Some nights he plays solo and others he is with his band, The Edge. Not only a great musician but a nice guy as well.

Other bars along the beach will also often have live music in the evenings, just don't get too carried away and miss your ship (although I can think of worse things then getting stuck on Tortola :D )

By the way, Quito's schedule has been known to change so if he is not playing, after your beach day head back to Road Town and hit the Bat Cave at Spaghetti Junction. As a matter of fact, go to Spaghetti Junction for dinner as well, great place.

Pirate 13,- I often lurk in another forum to mostly read BVI trip reports to remember when I was in heaven. I believe that I recognize you from there.

If you are the one I believe that you are, I would like to comment that you are very respectful and precise when answering questions in both forums. It is nice that you take the time to attempt to help people experience the BVI's. Not all people would do that as it is a magnificent place. It would be easy to ignore in an attempt to detour.

I left with the I go to come back theory, and I learned the art of limin, but have not made it back yet, I will someday I HOPE by sail or cat again.

I just wanted to comment, that I think I know you , sort of...

Thank you for the kind words. I try to give the best information I can but sometimes people, places and things change and I make a mistake so I try not to comment if I am not at least reasonably sure about the subject.

If you are talking about a forum with a photo of a guy in a black "muscle shirt", yup, that's me. I use a different name here because as you know, on that particular forum cruisers are not their favorite people.

Although it is not the way we found the BVI, I believe that often it is the cruiser that finds a particular place that charms them and they return as a longer term visitor.

Archived