Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We are going with Captain Marvin's on the full day snorkling, stingray, conch dive and lunch. Anyone taken that? Do the video? How much of the trip? How much do they cost? Any stills? Thanks

We did the half day which just nixed out the lunch and conch dive... Can't remember how much we paid but it was HALF of what the ship's excursion was ringing up as. We had an AMAZING time and recommend them 1000%! We were only 8 to the boat and they made sure to avoid places with people so we wouldn't be crowded. After seeing the hoards of people at the stingray bar we even looped around for some snorking and came back later. Made such a difference!

I want to say that we got ours by going to the Art Auction? We of course left ours behind after topping our morning pool drinks with the free champange!

cvanhorn, who made the query, is correct. The head waiter passes them out on the last night in the dining room. I have several signed sets.

The easiest way to describe what I'm talking about is by telling you what it's not...hip-hop, rock, disco. I'm thinking of basic ballroom type dancing and any music that goes with that. We foxtrot, waltz, rumba, swing, etc. I LOVE latin dances and we can dance to country, but it's not my preference. Does that help? Thanks!

Henri's disco caters to the young with hip hop. But I believe they do have theme nights on some nights possibly latin dancing. We went in one night and walked right out because it was freezing in there. Alfred's was a cigar bar last May, don't know if it still is, but you may want to check it out.

But there was a band on board that played oldies and music for us older folks. Don't think they do ballroom. Can't remember the name of the club but it's the one where they have the captn's party at the very rear of the ship. It doesn't get too packed but they do play danceable music. One night they did switch and played at the Karaoke bar.

Anyone ever stayed in cabin 8450???? It's an aft balcony under the lido...? Hubby and I are taking our honeymoon finally (thanks to Iraq lol we're just now getting it 9 months after the wedding!!!) and we leave in just a few weeks..can't wait!!!!!!! :)

We stayed in 8434 the lido deck was above us and we could here them dragging the chairs at night and early morning would not book there again

I just got off the Conquest on Sunday and we didn't receive any posters at dinner. We ate at the dining room every night, so I'm sure we didn't just miss them.

The bar where the Captain's Party is held is the Degas Lounge. We never went in there while music was playing, so I can't comment on the type of music played. I know there was an adult comedy show held in there one night though.

Not sure how much the drinks have gone up since last year' date=' but the foo foo drinks ranged from $6.25 to 7.50 plus the 15% gratuity. Now they [i']are[/i] cheaper if you refill your souvenier glass or get it in a regular glass. My DH used the coupons for drinks at the bar in regular glasses (at $5.50 ea) with no problem. Don't think they would cover the cost of the souvenier glasses. If you do the math - 4 tickets for $19.50 (including gratuity) you can save a few dollars with the coupons. (about 1 dollar per) Don't use them for beers, you will lose money! I also do not think you can purchase on board. Ours was in a Bon Voyage gift package but you can purchase in advance and they will deliver them to you the first night.

Where do you get the drink coupons? Can you use them for wine in the Dining Room? I don't drink much, but I do enjoy a glass of wine at dinner and the occassional cocktail. I'd like to save money by buying the coupons ahead of time if I can. Thanks!!

Anyone ever stayed in cabin 8450???? It's an aft balcony under the lido...? Hubby and I are taking our honeymoon finally (thanks to Iraq lol we're just now getting it 9 months after the wedding!!!) and we leave in just a few weeks..can't wait!!!!!!! :)

I was in 8430, you can see my room review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=624939

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: Hello. Could someone please clarify this for me. Do you need to take your passport with you when you leave the ship in the various ports of call, or is your sail and sign card sufficient ID?

Thanks much!!:p

Your Sail&Sign card and photo ID are fine. I leave my passport in the room safe. Have a good one!:)

I searched the thread to see when formal nights were on the 7 day cruise out of Galveston (Leaving tomorrow! :D), but see conflicting information on which nights are the formal nights. Has anyone been on there recently who could tell me when they were? Thank you!

I searched the thread to see when formal nights were on the 7 day cruise out of Galveston (Leaving tomorrow! :D), but see conflicting information on which nights are the formal nights. Has anyone been on there recently who could tell me when they were? Thank you!

Monday and Thursday.

Was just wondering where the Conquest was...

yes very good question, I know over thanksgiving we were about 2 hours late due to fog and weather, so maybe that is the case again?

where is the other post found?

I was on the Conquest, and we could not dock until after 12:00 p.m. yesterday due to fog. I did not get off the boat until around 3:00 p.m., and I wasn't finished with customs until after 4:00 p.m. I hate that for all those that were trying to board her. It was a nasty foggy day.

I was on the Conquest, and we could not dock until after 12:00 p.m. yesterday due to fog. I did not get off the boat until around 3:00 p.m., and I wasn't finished with customs until after 4:00 p.m. I hate that for all those that were trying to board her. It was a nasty foggy day.

Sorry for your bad luck. Much better to be late coming in than late going out though. Sounds like customs was backed up as well with everyone leaving so close together. Glad you made it back safe.

Thanks Snoozeman. You are right, and I was glad that if it had to happen, at least it was on the end of the trip and not the beginning. We had beautiful weather from the beginning, and every day until the day we were scheduled to disembark. We are glad to be back home today, and have fond memories of our trip.

so what port did they make? this is hard to understand?

2:20 p.m. -- Update: A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines has announced that Tropical Storm Olga has prompted an itinerary change for Carnival Conquest. Conquest will forego its scheduled stop at Grand Cayman on Thursday, instead calling on Cozumel a day early. On Friday, when the ship was orginally slated to call on Cozumel, Conquest will visit Progreso. The ship's time in each port has also been revised and is as follows: Thursday in Cozumel (7 a.m.-5 p.m.), Friday in Progreso (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).