Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I'm just glad to know about the possibility of being delayed for an hour or so ahead of time so we won't be stressed about it after our wonderful week on the Conquest.

Exactly. Knowing about the possiblilites ahead of time is one of the great things about these boards. I think the rotation will hit your debarkation weekend, but wouldn't the crew wait for pax to get off first?

Now, for the CD, I am sitting here disappointed that we won't have Mark Price. And I've never even met him!! Whose wee Jimmy? Does he do as good of job? Is he new? Does it even matter? Which line did Mark go to work for now? Either way.... I only have about 3 more weeks to go!!!

So, is Mark Price going on vacation or is he leaving the ship permantly? That is disapointing as my hooneymoon cruise is in May. I had heard so many good things about Mark. A good CD can make a cruise that much more fun. That being said, we are still going to have a blast. It'll be my third cruise, 2nd on Carnival and my then wife's first. I can't wait!!!

Mark said vacation so not sure when and if he will be back on ship.

with their contracts i have no idea where he will end up.

maybe you can contact him this week when he's still there???????

sorry i don't have more details.

you will have a blast either way.

So, is Mark Price going on vacation or is he leaving the ship permantly? That is disapointing as my hooneymoon cruise is in May. I had heard so many good things about Mark. A good CD can make a cruise that much more fun. That being said, we are still going to have a blast. It'll be my third cruise, 2nd on Carnival and my then wife's first. I can't wait!!!

I found this on another thread. It looks like we'll be on his last voyage on the Conquest before vacation.

we just got back Sunday and I asked Mark how long he would be on Conquest. He said 2 more weeks and then he's on vacation.

i had to meet him after reading about him on here.

great cruise director.

Okay...we're newbies and want to know everything you wish someone would have told you before you went!

Our entire family is going for our sons graduation - aunts, uncles, cousins...etc. Should be wonderful family time! Both of my brothers and their families have cruised before, so we are the only virgins.

We haven't booked any excursions yet. Our kids are 15 and 18. Suggestions?

I suggest Race Fantastique in Cozumel, just like the amazing race. Lots of fun.

I tell ya what after about 3 months on this board you will know all you need. We felt like newbies the first day when we were simply in shock, then our research kicked in and we felt like we had been on the platinum list.

I feel really stupid. This is the quote from the Cruise Director thread I meant to post.

I just got off the Conquest yesterday and talked to Marc Price and he told me he is going to the Glory in June and Wee Jimmy is taking over his duties on the Conquest in March.

Anyone know the answer to this question? :confused:

Ive never booked while on a cruise since I usually always have another booked anyway, but I think you do get OBC and no it does not have to be booked with the ship you are on...

On many of the threads it is mentioned as one of the Carnival secrets that the soft drinks your child has in the Dining Room are free.

Now there are some threads saying that is "no more."

Yes, no, any updates?

Thanks

My son always needed his card in the dining room.

I have a question, unfortunatly the search function is down and I didn't want to search through 98 pages :D. I know that the Pointe is the fine dining restaurant and that it has a $30 a piece charge. Do the other non-dining room restaurants have a charge, such as the sushi place or the fish and chips place?

I have a question, unfortunatly the search function is down and I didn't want to search through 98 pages :D. I know that the Pointe is the fine dining restaurant and that it has a $30 a piece charge. Do the other non-dining room restaurants have a charge, such as the sushi place or the fish and chips place?

No, there is not an aditional charge for the sushi place or for the fish/chips place.

D.

PS- We're from Austin too!