Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

The depth is the same on all three, the length is different on each level. Click on this picture, then click on "full size" at the top right. Make a close examination and I think you will see what I mean.

1392692444049945591S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks so much for the quick answer. Our original cruise on Jan 18th was cancelled due to dry dock. When we rescheduled we went from the upper deck aft wrap around to the empress one. Just was worried we had mad a mistake.

We have Cabin #9273 on the Lido deck. It was an upgrade from what we originally booked- Empress deck #7409. I'm excited to be on the Lido deck close to the pool and all, I'm just wondering if I made a good decision... does anyone have experience with this cabin or cabins in this area?

I know any cabin is a good cabin on a cruise... just curious. :)

Thanks!

Has anyone heard about a man being airlifted from the Conquest last week? One of my co-workers told me that his uncle was airlifted last week from the Conquest.. Don't know what the reason was.

Dave

We were on the 3/2-3/9 sailing. We did not hear anything about an airlift. There was an ambulance on the pier in Cozumel.

We have Cabin #9273 on the Lido deck. It was an upgrade from what we originally booked- Empress deck #7409. I'm excited to be on the Lido deck close to the pool and all, I'm just wondering if I made a good decision... does anyone have experience with this cabin or cabins in this area?

Thanks!

I'm totally jealous!;) You are in a great location! We had 9253 & 9255 in December. I was a bit leery of booking the Lido deck, because of the seasickness factor, but it was wonderful! My husband wanted to be up as high as possible, and that was as high as I would go. It was great going to the buffet and then eating on our balcony. No noise whatsoever..except for our next door neighbor's children slamming their door constantly, but other than that it was awesome. It is such a convenient location...I can't wait to go again in December! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

We are in #9273 (for the 3rd time) in two weeks. We LOVE the location of this cabin. Just walk out the door for pool and food. It's really not noisy at night. Once the activity around the midship pool ceases in the evening, there isn't near as much traffic from those elevators on lido deck.

The depth is the same on all three, the length is different on each level. Click on this picture, then click on "full size" at the top right. Make a close examination and I think you will see what I mean.

1392692444049945591S600x600Q85.jpg

AWWWWWWWWW, there is my most beloved balcony, right there on the corner. Thanks for the great pic! I was wishing we had a pic like this, and I have saved this copy-I hope you don't mind. I am closing my eyes, and picturing dh & I sipping our cocktails right now. oh, i want to go back now! lol

I would like any information on Camp Carnival on the Conquest for 2 kids aged 9 and 10 and also a 13 year old. We have been on Conquest, but not with out kids. Also- their 8 year old cousin may be sailing--she will be 2 months shy of 9---are they flexible????

anyone been lately? we leave Sunday. Boarding time still 12 noon? Last year they let us on around 11:50

Sorry, but you can come back & post for us when you get back.

Happy Sailing to you.... in 2 more weeks it'll FINALLY be my turn!!!

I want to board as soon as I can...

anyone been lately? we leave Sunday. Boarding time still 12 noon? Last year they let us on around 11:50

We got on about 11:45 on 3/2. On 3/9 Conquest was late coming in, we got off some time after 1:00. I don't remember the exact time, but I know it was 2:30 before we got through customs, picked up our car from Lighthouse parking and hit the road. There was a long line of people waiting to board.

As long as they get in on time, it isn't a problem. I think we had people on board by 1030

My wife and I got to the terminal around 10:30 and I think we boarded around 11:30. We were done eating at 12:15. There was terrible fog when we returned the following Sunday but we arrived at 0630 just before it settled all around us. I haven't been watching the cam but I remember hearing that Conquest was actually arriving late some Sundays because of fog.

My wife and I got to the terminal around 10:30 and I think we boarded around 11:30. We were done eating at 12:15. There was terrible fog when we returned the following Sunday but we arrived at 0630 just before it settled all around us. I haven't been watching the cam but I remember hearing that Conquest was actually arriving late some Sundays because of fog.

well by golly we were on the boat at the same time I see.

I think they beat the motors to get in early before that fog settled. We rented a car and were driving around the island through the fog. It was really wild.

Does this answer your question? :D

2519565680080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

that's what I'm talking about. I was just wondering which would be less likely to draw attention cans or plastic bottles. The plastic bottles do have aluminum caps on B lite. I love shiner too

that's what I'm talking about. I was just wondering which would be less likely to draw attention cans or plastic bottles. The plastic bottles do have aluminum caps on B lite. I love shiner too

I would not bring glass bottles on a cruise for two reasons; they are more subject to breakage in checked luggage and they are prohibited on deck where many people will be barefoot. That leaves plastic bottles, aluminum bottles and cans.

My main stash stop before a cruise is Spec's, since you also live here in the Houston area you probably know them.;) Spec's has the largest selection of canned and plastic bottled beer I know of. They also have a wide selection of rums and other hooch available in plastic bottles.

We took the four day weekend cruise to Cozumel last month. We just brought a six-pack of Shiner Bock in cans and two four-packs of Boddington's Pub Ale. The Boddington's is sold on the ship so we felt comfortable walking anywhere with them. Ofcourse we purchased our drinks in any venue we frequented in the evenings. The Shiner was for cocktail hour in our cabin before dinner.

We have sailed Carnival a dozen times and the Conquest twice. We have never gone to any great lengths to hide our beer or hooch. We just pack things very carefully in our checked luggage and we always tip the porters $2/bag. Everything we have ever packed has arrived at our cabin in good order, knock wood. We also pack a soft sided cooler in a suitcase. Once our luggage arrives in our cabin I show our steward where our stash is organized in one of the closets and ask him to keep our cooler full and iced each day. I always give him/her a nice tip upfront and have never had any problem beyond a grin.:cool:

Oh...the Boddington's has that nitrogen cartridge in it that makes the creamy foam. You do not want to drink it our of the can. Just ask any bartender on the Lido deck for a large plastic cup, it's perfect for pouring a Boddington's while sunning on deck. :D

I would not bring glass bottles on a cruise for two reasons; they are more subject to breakage in checked luggage and they are prohibited on deck where many people will be barefoot. That leaves plastic bottles, aluminum bottles and cans.

My main stash stop before a cruise is Spec's, since you also live here in the Houston area you probably know them.;) Spec's has the largest selection of canned and plastic bottled beer I know of. They also have a wide selection of rums and other hooch available in plastic bottles.

We took the four day weekend cruise to Cozumel last month. We just brought a six-pack of Shiner Bock in cans and two four-packs of Boddington's Pub Ale. The Boddington's is sold on the ship so we felt comfortable walking anywhere with them. Ofcourse we purchased our drinks in any venue we frequented in the evenings. The Shiner was for cocktail hour in our cabin before dinner.

We have sailed Carnival a dozen times and the Conquest twice. We have never gone to any great lengths to hide our beer or hooch. We just pack things very carefully in our checked luggage and we always tip the porters $2/bag. Everything we have ever packed has arrived at our cabin in good order, knock wood. We also pack a soft sided cooler in a suitcase. Once our luggage arrives in our cabin I show our steward where our stash is organized in one of the closets and ask him to keep our cooler full and iced each day. I always give him/her a nice tip upfront and have never had any problem beyond a grin.:cool:

Oh...the Boddington's has that nitrogen cartridge in it that makes the creamy foam. You do not want to drink it our of the can. Just ask any bartender on the Lido deck for a large plastic cup, it's perfect for pouring a Boddington's while sunning on deck. :D

No I would never consider glass bottles, I mentioned that it was between cans or plastic bottles. Plastic bottles it is...... along with my wifes cape code fixings......Just need to find some limes on the ship.

Thanks!

We were in cabin 9274 last September and it was great. No late night noises and we were right by the elevators and quick and easy access to the lido deck. Great area.

Thanks for the picture of the aft cabins!! :)

I just booked cabin # 6442for Feb. 2009.Has anybody stayed in this cabin? Can you hear the noise from the bar that is below it? Or feel the vibrations from the engines?

Thanks

We were in 6450 - next door last month. We were not bothered by any noise while trying to sleep - at night and during the few naps we had. We never noticed any noise from the lounge below. (Degas Lounge) Also being all the way aft there was not much foot traffic to bother us.

Edited to add - Wanted to also let you know that we had 2 deck chairs, a small table and a lounge chair on the deck. We would jump at the chance to have this cabin again.

I booked a cruise for the last weekend of January 2009. My travel agent called me and told me she got an emergency email concerning the Carnival Conquest saying that the ship will be in drydock that week. So we could either go before or after that time. Obviously we will cruise after so we can enjoy the new upgrades.

We were in cabin 9274 last September and it was great. No late night noises and we were right by the elevators and quick and easy access to the lido deck. Great area.

We were in 9274 great location however with no rooms across from you it looks out onto elevator area. We did here some noisy.Try to book a few rooms down the hall if you have that option.;)

Thanks for the picture of the aft cabins!! :)

I just booked cabin # 6442for Feb. 2009.Has anybody stayed in this cabin? Can you hear the noise from the bar that is below it? Or feel the vibrations from the engines?

Thanks

Here is some pictures of our L shaped cabin and balcony 6250.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2839051600103188961JZAlOn