Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We were in cabin 9274 last September and it was great. No late night noises and we were right by the elevators and quick and easy access to the lido deck. Great area.

The family going with us on our cruise this summer will be staying in that cabin. Do you have any pictures or information that would be helpful?

We were in 9274 great location however with no rooms across from you it looks out onto elevator area. We did here some noisy.Try to book a few rooms down the hall if you have that option.;)

Same question as the one for Blaster Dave. The family going with us on our cruise this summer will be staying in that cabin. Do you have any pictures or information that would be helpful? Again thanks for any information. Also we are staying a couple of cabins down in 9270 and the information would be helpfull.

The family going with us on our cruise this summer will be staying in that cabin. Do you have any pictures or information that would be helpful?

Unfortunately I have no pictures of the cabin. That is something that I need to start doing. The cabin was nice and plenty spacious for all four of us. If by chance the room steward is still Ruby, you will have to stay on him to get things done sometimes. I don't want to say that he was lazy because everything got done but if you want or need something fixed or want ice, etc. you will just have to stay after him. If I think of anything else about the cabin I will post it.

Here is some pictures of our L shaped cabin and balcony 6250.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2839051600103188961JZAlOn

AKB10,

Thanks for the information about the noise and for the pictures. They are great. The picutes answered a lot of my questions. Is there a sofa in the cabin or just 2 chairs?

Thanks again:)

AKB10,

Thanks for the information about the noise and for the pictures. They are great. The picutes answered a lot of my questions. Is there a sofa in the cabin or just 2 chairs?

Thanks again:)

it was cabin 6450 i believe....and there is no sofa in there. a small table with 2 chairs, but plenty of space on the balcony. :D the cabin is layed out a little akward, meaning the bathroom door opens up to the side of the bed. there is plenty of storage space. i packed up half of my house to take with us, and we had plenty of space for everything. it's a great cabin if you are really into your balcony. dh & i would choose this cabin again.

We currently have room 8450 booked for the October 19 departure on the Conquest. Is the inside of the room setup the same as the other cat 8C rooms? I read one review that talked about soot/dirt on the balcony, is this a real issue? How much more do you notice the rocking of the ship when you are in an Aft room? thanks

Unfortunately I have no pictures of the cabin. That is something that I need to start doing. The cabin was nice and plenty spacious for all four of us. If by chance the room steward is still Ruby, you will have to stay on him to get things done sometimes. I don't want to say that he was lazy because everything got done but if you want or need something fixed or want ice, etc. you will just have to stay after him. If I think of anything else about the cabin I will post it.

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along...

it was cabin 6450 i believe....and there is no sofa in there. a small table with 2 chairs, but plenty of space on the balcony. :D the cabin is layed out a little akward, meaning the bathroom door opens up to the side of the bed. there is plenty of storage space. i packed up half of my house to take with us, and we had plenty of space for everything. it's a great cabin if you are really into your balcony. dh & i would choose this cabin again.

Opps, it was 6450. And I agree with above.

Opps, it was 6450. And I agree with above.

Kathy,

Dh & I are dying to get back to our cabin. I enjoyed your pics soooo much! i wish that we would have taken more pics but my digital camera went berzerk and i still have one roll of film stuck in my regular camera that i cannot get out. it's been a year now, and i still have done nothing about it lol. eventually, i suppose i will take the camera to a shop and have them remove the stuck film and have it devleloped. thanks again for sharing.

We currently have room 8450 booked for the October 19 departure on the Conquest. Is the inside of the room setup the same as the other cat 8C rooms? I read one review that talked about soot/dirt on the balcony, is this a real issue? How much more do you notice the rocking of the ship when you are in an Aft room? thanks

the only time i really noticed alot of rocking is when there was a medical issue, and we hurried up to get to the Caymans early to let off a passenger. Then, while walking down the long long long hallway to our cabin (6450) i could really feel the ship rocking. any other time, we had no problem at all. i think the sea was pretty rough, for the crew had hung the little "sick bags" along the halls and near elevators for people. luckily i made it to my cabin :eek: the only "soot" i noticed on our balcony was salt residue....hardly anything to complain about for us. i wiped down a chair with a towel. the salty misty air kinda does that.... it was not a problem for us.

There was not a band on the Lido when we were on Conquest in Oct. We have friends who cruised on Conquest a year before, and they didn't remember a band on the Lido. Does the Conquest not have a band playing on the Lido normally?

Yep, it's Wee Jimmy through June. Just saw that on the post about the cruise directors for spring. According to the post, this is the list up until/thru (?) June. (I don't remember exactly but will work for near future)

it aint cheap at all, you might be better off taking a taci from hobby ot IAH and then the carnival shuttle down to Galveston. That's if you are coming in that day. If you are coming in the day before you are out of luck. As much as these guys are making it is unreal. I'll be looking to relocate to houston when I retire and buy a big van and running shuttle myself.

Where did you find transportation to Galveston? I found a few places but 200$ for 40 miles seems extrem. We are 4 flying into Hobby anyone that can help us would be appreciated

dh & i flew into hobby. we rented a car, one way and dropped it off in galveston. then they dropped us off at the ship. it was very easy, and wayyyyyy more cheaper than any other way we found. we could not however, get a one way car rental back to hobby because the cars were sold out. we then arranged in advance, online, transportation through galveston limo. they were about $10 cheaper than others i found, and we were the last deck to be called to get off the ship, and there they were, waiting patiently for us. btw, we rented our car through enterprise. i got the car for less than $20 and they did not even charge me a one way fee. i suppose they were happy to have the extra car in galveston. hope that helps.