Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I'm not sure if this has already been answered but....does the big screen play movies under the stars or just cnn non stop? If it does play movies what movies were they playing on recent trips? Thanks for any information:D

Hey everyone,

I am leaving on the conquest aug 23rd for my honeymoon and was wonderding if anyone had stayed in cabin 1067. If so how was it? I know it is on one of the upper decks so I was wondering about noise, I don't really want to hear the band playing until 3am, when I am trying to spend time with my new husband...

Thanks,
Tiffany

[quote name='hewettbride09']Hey everyone,

I am leaving on the conquest aug 23rd for my honeymoon and was wonderding if anyone had stayed in cabin 1067. If so how was it? I know it is on one of the upper decks so I was wondering about noise, I don't really want to hear the band playing until 3am, when I am trying to spend time with my new husband...

Thanks,
Tiffany[/quote]

My parents were in that cabin in April, they didn't have any issues at all.

[quote name='bojomitch']Is Carnival still putting the chocolates on the pillows each night? We were on RCL in May and they were not doing so - for cost cutting reasons.:):)[/QUOTE]

They were in May.

[quote name='arsavoy']If you have stayed in cabins 7202-7204 on Carnival Conquest Empress deck please give me your input.

Thanks
Allison[/quote]
I have 7204 booked and will be leaving 7/26/09. I will let you know and take lots of pic for you...I do feel that this is the best kept secret on the boat as it is inside price w/a ocean view/deck out side the room...it is public deck but from what i hear most people don't even know the deck is there...:cool:

[quote name='Gilesgirl8']I'm not sure if this has already been answered but....does the big screen play movies under the stars or just cnn non stop? If it does play movies what movies were they playing on recent trips? Thanks for any information:D[/quote]

I was on the conquest in april and they played 2 movies each night on the jumbotron. I never saw CNN on it the whole time. Maybe I just didn't catch it. They mostly played the morning show with the CD, shopping and port talks and when the bands were playing they would show them on the screen. They also played music videos on it often. I enjoyed it most of the time and it didn't bother me the rest of the time. The only movie I can remember being played was Wal-E :D

Leaving next Sunday on Conquest. Driving in Sunday from DFW with with another family and doubtful we will get to Port check-in before 11 am. Trying to determine if anyone has any recent experience as the worst times to arrive for check-in??? I figure arriving 12-1 much longer lines than say 2 pm, but just wondering what fellow cruisers out of Galveston have experienced...

[quote name='henrid']Leaving next Sunday on Conquest. Driving in Sunday from DFW with with another family and doubtful we will get to Port check-in before 11 am. Trying to determine if anyone has any recent experience as the worst times to arrive for check-in??? I figure arriving 12-1 much longer lines than say 2 pm, but just wondering what fellow cruisers out of Galveston have experienced...[/quote]

I drove down the day of one time and will never do it again. The lines are terrible later in the day. I think we arrived about 2-3pm. We waited FOR E-V-E-R!!! I always stay the night before in galveston and then arrive to checkin around 11am. Never a problem that early.

[quote name='sarapdot']I drove down the day of one time and will never do it again. The lines are terrible later in the day. I think we arrived about [COLOR=teal][B]2-3pm[/B][/COLOR]. We waited FOR E-V-E-R!!! I always stay the night before in galveston and then arrive to checkin around 11am. Never a problem that early.[/quote]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]I think that probably wouldn't work now. I think that I read somewhere that due to HomeLand Security everyone must be on-board 1 hour prior to sailing. Tooo risky for me! Besides, going down the day before just makes your vacation start one day earlier!:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='sarapdot']I was on the conquest in april and they played 2 movies each night on the jumbotron. I never saw CNN on it the whole time. Maybe I just didn't catch it. They mostly played the morning show with the CD, shopping and port talks and when the bands were playing they would show them on the screen. They also played music videos on it often. I enjoyed it most of the time and it didn't bother me the rest of the time. The only movie I can remember being played was Wal-E :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks sarapdot for answering my question...:)

Hello ALL!!!

Been on the Conquest, in a balcony before. Is there a big difference in a 9A and reg balcony. I have found pics of the room but these were taken in '05 and I beleive ??? the ship has been refurbished since then?

Also, puter service. Anyone know if its worth taking laptop, price, ect. or just use the internet cafe?

Hi Kajun Kruiser,

I don't have any photos of the aft balcony, but I do have the deck plans showing where everything is on each deck of the conquest. Here's the link [URL]http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Carnival_Conquest#Deck_Plans[/URL]

I drove down the day of one time and will never do it again. The lines are terrible later in the day. I think we arrived about 2-3pm. We waited FOR E-V-E-R!!! I always stay the night before in galveston and then arrive to checkin around 11am. Never a problem that early.

We always leave the Dallas area the day before..vacation just starts a day early who can have a problem with that!?:D

We were on the same cruise as saraspdot and drove to Galveston the day of the cruise (I couldn't afford a hotel for all in my group). That was our first experence at same day arrival, we've always stayed in Galveston overnight before. We must have been very blessed because we got to Galveston around 11:45, parked at Lighthouse parking, got to the terminal about 12:00 and were on the ship 15 minutes later with very short lines. Guess it all comes down to when everyone else arrives.

We were on the Conquest in December for our fifth time. So we are really familiar with this ship. We are hoping that they will change the Las Vegas shows this year. I heard from one of the cruise directors that they change them every five years, and the Conquest is now in her fifth year - so please, give us some new shows! We don't even really like the ones they have, so we are hoping for something better when we go back in December. (Yes, I know - but we are crazy about this ship and the itinerary, and it is so convenient for us.)

Sherryl

I agree! It was my 3rd time last week and I left it on the comments card.

So do you have to excange you US currency for the local currency in order to buy at the shops there?

If so, where would one do this?

Everyone and everywhere that you might go will more than likely take the beloved American dollar. So no worries about exchanging. Just remember to keep small bills handy.