Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

marne001- We weren't suppose to access our cabin until 1:30; However, I had a hubby who was outside waiting to see me and my mom on our balcony, so we snuck inside the closed doors -found our cabin-unloaded our carry-ons and waved to hubby and son from the balcony. The staff was busy in the hallway- but only smiled and greeted us as we snuck past them. We had bulky/HEAVY carry-ons and were glad to unload!

We arrived at the port of Galveston at about 10:00 on Sunday. At 10:15 they began the documentation/security process. That went quickly (since we were early?). Then we sat and waited to board AFTER weddings and VIP (which all began at 11:15). We were on board just before noon. I thought it went fairly quickly (just too exciting to be there)! We (mom and me) are glad we got there early!!!!

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer-if I can...

email: IXOYE4EVER@yahoo.com if you'd like....

For recent Conquest passengers, I have a few questions:

• What time where you able to access your cabin? Usually it is after 1:30pm.
  • What time did CCL start boarding passengers?
  • What time did you arrive and how long would you estimate you were in the security line waiting to be screened?
  • Do you have any 'lessons learned' you would care to pass on from your past cruises?
  • When is your next cruise?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Taking my boy friend on his first cruise and want it to be perfect for him, since he is perfect!

We did the same thing with our carry-on bags on the Legend. Snuck into the hall, found our room, and dumped our bags in our closet. The staff just looked at us and smiled. :D Then we were able to enjoy lunch and explore the ship.

I did not know there was a limit for bringing liquor back. I live in Oklahoma so can I bring back more bottles? Someone please enlighten me! :rolleyes: Hubby wants to bring back rum from GC. Thanks!

We did the same thing with our carry-on bags on the Legend. Snuck into the hall, found our room, and dumped our bags in our closet. The staff just looked at us and smiled. :D Then we were able to enjoy lunch and explore the ship.

I did not know there was a limit for bringing liquor back. I live in Oklahoma so can I bring back more bottles? Someone please enlighten me! :rolleyes: Hubby wants to bring back rum from GC. Thanks!

From my Conquest cruise 10/10/10~

The Duty Free Allowance is as follows:

Western/Eastern Caribbean: $800 total allowance per guest

Non Texans Limits

3 liters of alcohol per person over 21 yo (duty free)

1 carton of cigarettes per person over 18yo

100 non cuban cigars per person over 18yo

The key here is DUTY FREE~ your first 3 liters will be duty free~ anything over that will be subject to duty~ you must list on your customs declaration form what you purchased, always be honest and *most* people never have to pay the duty on the extra alcohol, but that doesn't mean that it never happens~so you can purchase more than 3 liters, just be aware that you may be required to pay the duty on them~ have a blast~ its an amazing ship~

We're sailing April 8th with 3 kids (8-11). In Jamica, I can't decide between the Jungle river tubing or sunset beach. Also, in Cozumel, we were thinking paradise beach. Would this be too similar to sunset beach day? Grand Cayman, of course, the stingrays....even though we've done this before w/o kids and didn't think it was that big of a deal. Kids will probably get a kick out of it tho.

Thanks for any info.

We had a guide take us to Mayfield Falls, and it was all of our favorite Day of the cruise. Included a river walk, spectacular lush scenery, a stop at a local jerk stand (yummmmm) and a sunset tour of Montego Bay, ending with a stop high above the Bay for a beautiful photo op. My daughter was 8 at the time and still talks about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When are the Elegant Nights on the Conquest? I am trying to figure out what night to book the Point. It's going to be a surprise for my DH as we are celebrating our 30th anniversary (4 months early!) on this cruise. Thanks.

And did I say we only have 6 more weeks! Woohoo!:D

When are the Elegant Nights on the Conquest? I am trying to figure out what night to book the Point. It's going to be a surprise for my DH as we are celebrating our 30th anniversary (4 months early!) on this cruise. Thanks.

Nancy, I'm almost positive that Monday night will be the first formal night. I just did a search of this thread for formal nights and most people thought Thursday night would be the second one (a few thought Friday night). Hope this helps.

Linda

Linda,

I'm hoping that Host Mach sees the thread as he is an expert on the Conquest. We were on the Conquest in Oct 2009, but don't remember what nights they were. Got that CRS thing going (Can't remember sh*t)....Seems to happen to everyone once they hit the big 50. :D

We have done the Conquest on the Western itinerary (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel) twice and both times the Elegant Nights were on the evening of the first day at sea and the evening after leaving Grand Cayman. Not sure about the Eastern itinerary.