Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing Conquest in Dec and have only been on her one other time back in March 2008 so I am guessing she has been in drydock since then? Is she scheduled for drydock before going to NOLA? Thanks!

Yes a drydock in 2009 and one b4 arriving in NOLA.

We are sailing Conquest in Dec and have only been on her one other time back in March 2008 so I am guessing she has been in drydock since then? Is she scheduled for drydock before going to NOLA? Thanks!

This is what they are planning on doing in 2012 and what they did in 2009~

Dry-dock: 10/14/12-10/28/12

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Plans for 2012 Dry-dock

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

Renovations completed 1/31/09

Cosmetic enhancements to public rooms and areas, including carpet replacement and tile work.

Family Staterooms (6E) on Spa Deck 11 converted into Balcony Staterooms (8F).

Circle C Lounge – addition of a lounge for teens (12-14) on Atlantic Deck 4 forward.

Spa Carnival – whirlpool was removed; new fitness equipment installed.

Crnival's Seaside Theatre - addition of an Outdoor Poolside TV Screen on Lido Deck midship.

WiFi internet access now available bow to stern.

Edited by Alliezona09

Can anyone tell me which aft balconies DO NOT open on the Empress Deck of the Conquest. We were on the Glory a few months ago with friends and had hoped to be able to open the dividers between balconies but were not able to. We don't want to make the same mistake on our Conquest trip.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me which aft balconies DO NOT open on the Empress Deck of the Conquest. We were on the Glory a few months ago with friends and had hoped to be able to open the dividers between balconies but were not able to. We don't want to make the same mistake on our Conquest trip.

Thanks.

7444 and 7446 connect

7448 and 7453 connect

7451 and 7449 connect

Cabins 7442 and 7447 they say do not connect with any balconies

Thanks.

Check your cabin number here.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/cq_empressDeck.htm

I found that if the cabins connect inside then the balcony partitions don't usually open between those 2 cabins.

Good luck.

We are in Cabin 8202, on the Veranda deck. As I look at the deck plans, it's the first balcony on the left side of the front of the ship. Usually, we're down in the "bowels of the ship", but this time, we're up pretty high. My question is.......has anyone been in that balcony before and is the view obstructed in any way???

We are in Cabin 8202, on the Veranda deck. As I look at the deck plans, it's the first balcony on the left side of the front of the ship. Usually, we're down in the "bowels of the ship", but this time, we're up pretty high. My question is.......has anyone been in that balcony before and is the view obstructed in any way???

Have not been in this particular cabin, but the bridge is in front of you & has wings that extend out the side--so the view will probably be obstructed to the front, however, you should have a good view of the Capt & other ship officers! We had 7219 on the Dream--1 deck below the bridge & 3 cabins back--people on the bridge could look right into our balcony--we just waived to each other--did not bother us. Being that far forward, you will feel some rockin & rollin if you have high seas--also if high seas, will hear the bow of ship hit the waves--had this a couple of times when we were on the Lido Deck. But this is all part of the fun of cruising--if you don't tend to get sea sick you will be fine & will love the balcony.

with f/p coming up the 10th of this month, do you think i could expect a price drop between now and then??

Keep checking, it can happen any time. On my cruise this month, we had a price break 2 days before final.

Edited by golfpccc

thanks for the heads up wil do, enjoy your cruise..by the way how much was your last price drop??

I don't remember because it still wasn't as low as what I had paid (Military). Just remember was surprised they lowered it right before final.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...