Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Greetings,

I was reading a recent review (on CC) about the Conquest Aft balcony-(I believe it was Deck 6- #6442), anyway the reviewer said that they did not have a couch in their cabin and was told that is had to be requested:confused: . Has anyone else experienced this? We are on the Conquest in November in an aft on Empress Deck:D and I thought the cabins had couches.

Thanks in advance and Happy Cruising:)

Regarding traffic - we had the usual delays in Houston but nothing on the causeway. I think they are about done with that work but google the houston transportation website and it will give you updates on closures.

Regarding couches in rooms - we had an Empress deck forward room with a king bed and couch. I'm pretty sure I saw most of the other rooms (we would walk back to the aft to use those elevators to get to Monet dining room) had couches also. I'm not sure about inside rooms though.

Greetings,

I was reading a recent review (on CC) about the Conquest Aft balcony-(I believe it was Deck 6- #6442), anyway the reviewer said that they did not have a couch in their cabin and was told that is had to be requested:confused: . Has anyone else experienced this? We are on the Conquest in November in an aft on Empress Deck:D and I thought the cabins had couches.

All aft balconies do not have a couch, only some of them. I know that 6454 does and 8452 because I have stayed in both. I think the rooms with the couch can hold 3 people, at least it did for us in Sept of 2006 in 6454.

When we got into Galveston, we got there the day before... We drove in about 6pm, no traffic...

Leaving sunday morning, the traffic coming in was BACKED UP about 11am. I would get there the day before, less stress

Greetings,

dh and i were in cabin 6450...last cabin on the side, next to the aft cabin....we peeked in. there was no couch. the configuration of the cabins are different. you are rewarded with more space, and an awesome balcony however. you probably would not miss the couch unless you were wanting to sleep on it. :)

We drove in the day of the cruise from Arlington (DFW). It took us about 5 hours with traffic, but we sped on the way there. We plan on driving in that morning again, hoping there are no highway issues that would put us back HOURS. We will leave around 7am which should give us plenty of time for mistakes and traffic, right?

I was on the 5/6 sailing and drove in from around Tyler, TX and I took the 146 exit and went through Cleveland, La Marque and Baytown and up to Galveston, I completely missed all traffic and construction and it took me 5 1/2 hrs from here.

The sign at the pursers desk states that the minimum per person is $100.00 for the sail and sign account and that is what I put for each of us as we aren't big spenders onboard.

This may be a stupid question but I was just curious. Can you get to the bow of the ship or is it against some regulation? If you can get there can someone tell me how. I was on the Conquest last October and never saw a way to get out there. We are booked again for January 2008. Thanks!:D

Thank you. Does anyone know If the construction has clearded up or is it still ongoing? We are sailing Sun 5/27.

Regarding traffic - we had the usual delays in Houston but nothing on the causeway. I think they are about done with that work but google the houston transportation website and it will give you updates on closures.

We drove in the day of the cruise from Arlington (DFW). It took us about 5 hours with traffic, but we sped on the way there. We plan on driving in that morning again, hoping there are no highway issues that would put us back HOURS. We will leave around 7am which should give us plenty of time for mistakes and traffic, right?

I would check the above referenced website. Last week part of I-45 and the causeway bridge to Galveston were closed for a while on Sunday. Our local news said to expect delays. There was no mention in the news that construction is completed.

This may be a stupid question but I was just curious. Can you get to the bow of the ship or is it against some regulation? If you can get there can someone tell me how. I was on the Conquest last October and never saw a way to get out there. We are booked again for January 2008. Thanks!:D

Going again in 24 days.......... I will let you know if I find the 'secret' door to paradise...........:D

well...yes and no. on the 6th floor...(i belive upper deck) you can walk to the front of the ship...there is a door....with no postings on it...go through it, (it's at the front, to the right a bit or on the left of the ship) then there is a second door...with a sign warning...caution high winds etc....go through it and you are on the "secret spot" of the ship. my dh and i were out there several times, and only once we saw people there. now, the most fwd part of the ship, the "titanic" part...is "crew only" which there is a set of stairs going from the 6th floor down to the 5th outside on this "secret spot". it's chained off with the sign of crew only. here, you will find the crew's hot tubs, tables etc. there is nothing blocking you from getting there except that little chain across the stairs. now if you want to know the best spot...it's on the 9th. well, really the 10 (i believe it was) but you have to go through the "secret doors" on the 9th floor. go out to the deck there, and then climb the stairs up to the 10th. you can take some awesome pics there. this is where there is a giant search light is, and it's atop a pedestal which allows you to get higher than the railing and see very good. remember, the wind is very very very strong. hang on to everything! on the 9th deck, outside, go to the far side, either way left or right. you can take your picture there. and see the entire ship behind you. this is above the bridge (the best i can remember) this "deck" expands out further than the width of the ship and makes for some great pics. they really are not "secrets" just most people do not know about them. there are no signs stating you cannot go there. except the bow of the ship, that belongs to the crew. but you can have beautiful views and alot of privacy at the front.

hope that helps.

well...yes and no. on the 6th floor...(i belive upper deck) you can walk to the front of the ship...there is a door....with no postings on it...go through it, (it's at the front, to the right a bit or on the left of the ship) then there is a second door...with a sign warning...caution high winds etc....go through it and you are on the "secret spot" of the ship. my dh and i were out there several times, and only once we saw people there. now, the most fwd part of the ship, the "titanic" part...is "crew only" which there is a set of stairs going from the 6th floor down to the 5th outside on this "secret spot". it's chained off with the sign of crew only. here, you will find the crew's hot tubs, tables etc. there is nothing blocking you from getting there except that little chain across the stairs. now if you want to know the best spot...it's on the 9th. well, really the 10 (i believe it was) but you have to go through the "secret doors" on the 9th floor. go out to the deck there, and then climb the stairs up to the 10th. you can take some awesome pics there. this is where there is a giant search light is, and it's atop a pedestal which allows you to get higher than the railing and see very good. remember, the wind is very very very strong. hang on to everything! on the 9th deck, outside, go to the far side, either way left or right. you can take your picture there. and see the entire ship behind you. this is above the bridge (the best i can remember) this "deck" expands out further than the width of the ship and makes for some great pics. they really are not "secrets" just most people do not know about them. there are no signs stating you cannot go there. except the bow of the ship, that belongs to the crew. but you can have beautiful views and alot of privacy at the front.

hope that helps.

Awesome! I will write that down right now. Next time I plan on being Dora the Explorer!:p I figured that the bow was off limits. After coming back to the boards after my last cruise I realized I missed a lot of things that are tucked away......Sur Mer, topless deck:p, etc....... Thanks for your help. :)

For all of you recent Conquest travelers... Just curious, the assist CD always had a funny way of saying the number six. Do you think it was his schtick, or was his real way of pronouncing it ?

It sounded like seeeeeks when he said it.

For all of you recent Conquest travelers... Just curious, the assist CD always had a funny way of saying the number six. Do you think it was his schtick, or was his real way of pronouncing it ?

He is from South Africa. I believe he said that was the way "6" is pronounced there. Perhaps it is the Dutch influence on spoken English in South Africa? He was teased about it unmercifully on our cruise. :)

I think he did have a different way of pronouncing it but also exagerrated it as part of his 'schtick'. Some people are easily amused.....

I have read on a couple message boards that you should bring a Bungee cord along to keep balcony curtains/door open. Is this nessasary on the Conquest? Thanks in advance for you help.

I have read on a couple message boards that you should bring a Bungee cord along to keep balcony curtains/door open. Is this nessasary on the Conquest? Thanks in advance for you help.

We were on the Conquest (Lido deck) back in April and did not need a bungee as our door stayed open by itself. It's a pretty small item & packing one just in case might not be a bad idea. Enjoy your cruise, we had a terrific time on the Conquest!

We took a small bungee for our April 15th cruise on the Conquest, but, didn't need it. We were on the Lido deck. Loved our cruise on the Conquest, have fun!

we were on conquest in march. we did not pack a bungee. while in port, our door stayed open, but moving it did not. dh used the door stop (that is in every cabin i believe) and wedged it in and it kept the door open no problems. i don't think there is a need for the bungee cord. we were on the upper deck, last cabin on the side.