Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi Everybody,

I'll be cruising on the Conquest 10/14/07. I am so excited. This will be my second cruise. I was on the Pride 10/15/06 and had a wonderful time. The Pride is a very beautiful and mature ship, is the Conquest the same way? I noticed that both are "art" themed, so I'm hoping they are similar. Also, my travel coordinator recommended that we book room 7203 because it is one of 6 rooms that have a small walkway in front of them that almost seems like a balcony. Does anyone have any experience staying in one of these rooms. They are on foward Empress deck. Please let me know!

Veronica aka:howdyall

Roll call? I don't know what that is.

My children:

DD-7

DS-5

DD-5

DS-5

DS-2

Roll Call for your sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=426970

Is another forum with a thread for each upcoming sailing of each ship on each cruise line. Sounds confusing but its not really. :)

Hi Everybody,

Also, my travel coordinator recommended that we book room 7203 because it is one of 6 rooms that have a small walkway in front of them that almost seems like a balcony. Does anyone have any experience staying in one of these rooms. They are on foward Empress deck. Please let me know!

I would question your travel coordinator on the room. You will not have a balcony but rather an ocean view room. The "small walkway" is actually deck space that you can get out to through a door down the hall. Sometimes it was so windy it would almost knock you over and other times it was very peaceful. We were in room 7217 which I thought was great. This room is located one level and just to the side a bit from the bridge. We could see some of the instruments and always were able to wave to the officers. My parents were in next to us in 7211 and couldn't see any of this. Check out the deck plans on the carnival website to see what I'm talking about.

1. Are there many children in the main dining rooms? My husband and I are determined to take the kids in there for dinner but we also don't want to be "that family".

We had early seating and it worked great with my 20 month old. Have the waitstaff bring the kids some colors and coloring sheet. Of course my daughter was happy because there was constantly some sort of food on the table.

In Jamaica, we went to Doctors Cave Beach and in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. Both were very nice, had good service, and the food was also good.

In Cozumel, Paradise Beach. This place is so great, so much stuff to do

www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

Have fun:D

I'm not sure if anyone here recommended Nachi Cocom Beach as well while in Coz. We loved it and LOVED the fact that it is NOT crowded at all. Very, very quiet. I parasailed, son jetskiied. We went through Island Marketing but I'm sure if you contacted them you could pay when you get there. All inclusive with beach, pool, drinks and lunch (which was a HUGE amout of food for us) And they couldn't have been any nicer there! Took a short cab ride there and no problem getting one back to the ship. In fact, my parents and son left earlier than us, and my husband and I shared a cab with 2 people from our ship who we met at the bar on the way out. Here's the link for Nachi Cocom Beach Club for all who may want something different away from the more crowded and touristy beach clubs.

Oh, and the deck calling thing... we were on deck 8, forgot the name... and we were called fairly early. My parents were all the way down on 2, Main or Lobby, can't remember, and they were almost called last. I agree with one of the posters here... it seems as if there is no rhyme or reason to it.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

Ok, I am new to this site so forgive me if I am asking questions that have already been answered.

My family is booked for the Sept. 30th cruise. We have 5 children so we had to get 2 connecting staterooms. Our rooms are 1116 and 1118.

Is the coffee bar an additional charge? (I am addicted to Caramel Macchiatos and when I heard they had "something similiar to Starbucks" I knew I had to ask!)

There is a coffee bar, and it is extra charge. They had some of the best on board.

Are there many children in the main dining rooms? My husband and I are determined to take the kids in there for dinner but we also don't want to be "that family".

Coincedentaly my mom, her husband and some of their friends are going on the same cruise. How do you find out if you are in the same dining room as another passenger?

The dining rooms are full of kids, especially at the early seatings. When you got your S&S card, you'll have your dining room and time listed. If you want/need to change it, see the Maitre'd as soon as you get onboard.

I have heard about several complaints about Jamaica. I really wanted to do the Dunns River Falls excursion but a 2 hour bus ride? Is it really worth it to sit on a bus for 4 hours?? Are there any other suggestions?

Consider going to Mayfield Falls. I did this tour with a-zjamaicaplanners in March, and had a wonderful time. About 1 hour ride, and a very relaxing trip for the family. See the Jamaica Port Of Call board for more info.

I heard you could bring a "reasonable amount of coke products" onboard. Does anyone have a suggestion? 1 or 2 - 12 packs good per cabin?

I think a 12 pack per person is reasonable. It's only 2 cokes a day for a 7 day cruise.

Hope all this helps. You and your family will have a wonderful time. I've got photos of the Conquest, and Mayfield Falls at http://travel.webshots.com/album/558523980kpzrsC?vhost=travel

when i was on the conquest in march....we were on the upper deck. we were the last deck called.

there did not seem to be rhyme or reason to the insanity.

Thank you for the information! Thank you to Lornadoons as well. We are just trying to get a time frame as to when we might get off the ship since we will have about a 16 hour drive ahead of us.

Wife and I are talking daughter and getting a balcony room stateroom. Do all rooms in this category have the fold down bed in the couch or just certain ones? TIA for any awnsers...:)

Look at the deck plans on Carnival's website. Cabins with no symbol just hold 2 people. Cabins with a star have a sofa that can be used as a bed. There are other symbols for other configurations too.

Hello,

We were on the Conquest 6-17-6-24 and on the panorama deck. After the self disembark, our deck was called first.

We are on the Lido deck so hopefully we'll be one of the first decks called. Heck, listen to me! I haven't even gone on the cruise yet, and I'm worried about getting off!:rolleyes:

Remember they don't call decks, they call colors which in most cases are portions of decks. The cabin space on Lido, Spa and Panorama is small and these decks only have one color tag. Riviera, Main, Upper, Empress and Verandah are "length of the ship decks" with three color tags for each.

Forgive me for sounding stupid.. but what is "self disembark"?

We have only been on one other cruise and it didn't seem that we had a problem getting off. Now that we are traveling with kids, it would be nice to know when we are suppose to get off.

Thank you in advance.

~Kim~

Carnival Conquest - 86 more days!

Carnival Destiny - 12/2000

Forgive me for sounding stupid.. but what is "self disembark"?

We have only been on one other cruise and it didn't seem that we had a problem getting off. Now that we are traveling with kids, it would be nice to know when we are suppose to get off.

Thank you in advance.

~Kim~

Carnival Conquest - 86 more days!

Carnival Destiny - 12/2000

From what I understand: you take all your own luggage off of the ship-self disembark

or put your luggage out in the hall for the porters to take off

uh hi, i am goin on the carnival conquest on july 22, and this is my first cruise, i am soo excited but kinda nevous of jamacia is it true there r lots of venders those people freak me out??? and do i need a lot of clothes or will i be wearin my swimsuit most of the time??:confused:

pack light if you are a pool gal....i way over packed and came home with alot of clean clothes to put away,,,,bring shirts to swap out with your shorts, you don't get dirty! formal night bring formal wear other nights dressy casual

***bring something with you to pack home wet clothes! our swim suits did not dry in the room...

enjoy

bring shirts to swap out with your shorts, you don't get dirty!

Or if you do get dirty (or have kids with you) bring a roll of quarters and small bags of powdered soap. I can do a couple of small loads of laundry on the ship. For me, a couple of loads of laundry is worth no bring an extra suit case or two.

When we got off the Conquest 7/1, they let the self assist and the early flights off first and then they started from the top down. BUT, they said that sometimes they go from the bottom up...so it's anyones guess from sailing to sailing.

Sunset beach food....it's really not a BBQ. They offer (outside at the grill) ...hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and jerk chicken (really hot) and some meat patty things...kinda yucky I thought. The burgers and fries were good though.

That thought is very considerate of you I must say... But you will be ok, I saw kids... As long as your kids aren't brats, then I don't think they'll irritate the rest of us.

1. Are there many children in the main dining rooms? My husband and I are determined to take the kids in there for dinner but we also don't want to be "that family".

We had early seating and it worked great with my 20 month old. Have the waitstaff bring the kids some colors and coloring sheet. Of course my daughter was happy because there was constantly some sort of food on the table.

In Jamaica, we went to Doctors Cave Beach and in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. Both were very nice, had good service, and the food was also good.

My children are very well behaved in restaurants. We might have a short outburst from the 2 year old :o, but usually everyone is just excited to be somewhere "fancy" (aka.. no buffet).

I just didn't want to be the ONLY family in there with kids. A friend of mine had her kids eat with the Camp Carnival friends all but 2 nights. I just want my children to enjoy the "fancy" setting too.

Thanks again!

~Kim~

Carnival Conquest ~ 85 more days!

Carnival Destiny ~ 12/2000