Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Thanks so much for all the info on the conquest. It has been great. Can anyone tell me, do you prebook the tours with Capt. Marvin on the internet or is this something you get on from the port?

Thanks so much.

Sheila

Sheila,

I have always booked before we left, either over the phone or online. I know some people have just headed over there when they get in port, but there is no guarantee that you will get on. Sometimes they fill up if it is a busy time of year. BTW both times I have gone out with them have been incredible, something you will remember for the rest of your life.

Jason

Right now we are trying to decide what to do in Jamaica. A group we are going with has some excursions planned including a catamaran trip. We like those, but then there's Sunset Beach.......

I have heard about several complaints about Jamaica. I really wanted to do the Dunns River Falls excursion but a 2 hour bus ride? Is it really worth it to sit on a bus for 4 hours?? Are there any other suggestions?

We had originally planned to go to Dunn's River Falls also but after finding out how long the drive was, we opted for Mayfield Falls instead. My dds are older and they still did not want to make the 2 hour trip.

7) Grand Cayman is a tender port. The island itself has no sheltered harbor for cruise ships. If swells are large, usually above three feet, tendering is considered to be too dangerous so the port is skipped. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I'm not aware of October being any better or worse except to say that October is still hurricane season.

You can view our Conquest pictures here if you would like.

2865925580080888825SXyyzI_th.jpg

click on thumbnail

nice pics :) thanks for sharing.

From what I understand: you take all your own luggage off of the ship-self disembark

or put your luggage out in the hall for the porters to take off

glyn- I know this is off topic but I read on the roll call thread you are from Kilgore? Me too! Born and raised, lived there 'til about 7 years ago when my dh was transferred to Houston :) Just got back from visiting my family there last weekend! Go Bulldogs:D

thoneycu;

I have lived here all of my, too.

What year did you graduate?

I graduated in 1987 from KHS.

I am sure we have someone that we know in common.

If you don't mind saying what is your name?

glynette

New at cruising...what is roll call? Is there a "master list" of cruisers for each sailing that is available for viewing?

Thanks,

Roll Call is another forum here on cruise critic. You can find a thread regarding which ever date your sailing and meet other cruise critic members on that same sailing. If your sailing date doesn't have a thread yet go ahead and start one. Our roll call group had a meet and great on the Conquest during our sailing. It was wonderful to meet so many people that I had only been talking to via this website.

Remember they don't call decks, they call colors which in most cases are portions of decks. The cabin space on Lido, Spa and Panorama is small and these decks only have one color tag. Riviera, Main, Upper, Empress and Verandah are "length of the ship decks" with three color tags for each.

they did not call by colors on our cruise. they called a couple of top decks, then lower...bottom decks...then back to the top and so on. there were no colors called. i was on upper deck and the very last deck called.

What time zone is the Conquest in? I'm looking at Capt. Marvin's site and I'm trying to make sure I have plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Hugh

Both the Conquest and Grand Cayman are Central Time Zone. Hope that helps!:)

The Conquest is in the Central time zone. On my December Conquest cruise the ship changed to Eastern time in Grand Cayman and Jamaica and changed back to Central time for Cozumel.

In September since we were on Daylight savings time it put the ports and ship on the same time automatically.