Frist time in Bermuda

robbien

TPKeller

I am a Eagles fan and I am going to be on the ship durin the season. Does this ship have satlite tv so I can see the game. We are at sea on sunday so I will have time to watch the game. :)

I'm sure it has satellite TV... but I don't have any idea if they will be showing that particular game. From what I've read on the main RCCL board, they usually do try to show some NFL games, but I doubt you would be able to find out for sure until closer in time to your cruise, by asking others who sailed just before you.

Since she's sailing out of Philadelphia, it is safe to assume that there will be very many people on board who want to see the Eagles play, so I'm sure the staff will do it, if it is at all technically possible.

Theron

Is it ok to rent mopeds....

Only if you are a very experienced rider would I recommed this. My husband has 25+ years of motorcycle riding experience and he wanted to rent a moped. After he actually got to the island and saw the other drivers, he quickly changed his mind! Many a tourist have been injured on mopeds in Bermuda...not a good way to spend a vacation.

Only if you are a very experienced rider would I recommed this. My husband has 25+ years of motorcycle riding experience and he wanted to rent a moped. After he actually got to the island and saw the other drivers, he quickly changed his mind! Many a tourist have been injured on mopeds in Bermuda...not a good way to spend a vacation.

My wife and I were moped veterans until we witnessed a fatality 3 years ago between a moped and a small truck when the moped driver turned right at a round about instead of making a left.not a pretty site.We now purchase a 3 day transportation pass.

I'd rather learn about the culture by chatting with bus passengers than by chatting with paramedics! :)

Theron

You're right that the buses are a great way to learn about the people of Bermuda. They are very friendly and love to talk about their island. On one of our Boston to Bermuda cruises a few years a ago a woman from our ship was killed when she and her husband hit a bus.

Bermuda and a 5 year old. We leave Sunday, will have Tuseday at 10 til Wed at 4 in Bermuda, what are the MUST SEE's that my 5 year old can do? I know Horshoe Beach is one. Can he visit the pubs with me during the day? (I wouldn't take him to a bar at night) Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

We did Bermuda on Oct 11, 2003 and while the weather was good there, we left NYC and the first night out hit a tropical storm. Just keep in mind that you will be cruising during hurricane season.

Hurricane season officially starts June 1 and ends Nov. 30. We've done Bermuda the last 6 years the second week in Oct. and the worst we ever ran into was the remnants of a hurricane. Thinking back, it was the one that just woudn't go away and hung around for awile. By Sunday morning everything was fine. Looks like we were cruising the same time as you in 2003.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived